Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Hair Question

What is "greasy hair"? I read a hundred things online, and I understand what it is:

Hair that develops a lank, flat, stringy or oily appearance is often referred to by hairdressers and hair consumers as "greasy" hair. This type of hair is hard to control, clumps together easily and does not hold a style well.

Yet, I don't exactly know what it looks like. Being that I'm color blind, It's hard to see shades of colors.

But, my mother can't see very well. At one time she said it was greasy, and I asked my father, he said it wasn't. It just must have been the angle the sun was shining on my hair. Yet another time, I just put a little water on my hair, so it would sit down. My mother asked me if I just put some water on it or is it just greasy. That was just dry hair, correct?

I know this can happen to anyone. I should get a hair cut soon, anyway. My hair is a bit too long for my liking. Can any of you possibly tell me what this all means? I'm confused :lol:

You read hundreds of things online about greasy hair and are still confused? Your skin produces natural oils in order to keep it moisturized. The skin on your head is no different. If you go a while without washing your hair, that oil builds up and makes your hair look greasy. I suppose it could also be caused by having dirty hair. Greasy hair is exactly as it sounds.....hair that feels or looks greasy.

• Like 4

Probably not a hundred, but several searches using different criteria.

I know how it is described. As the quote above describes it. What I need to know is how you "know" your hair is greasy. I read several descriptions about it. My hair does not feel oily, it just feels dry.

Probably not a hundred, but several searches using different criteria.

I know how it is described. As the quote above describes it. What I need to know is how you "know" your hair is greasy. I read several descriptions about it. My hair does not feel oily, it just feels dry.

Well, put it this way if you hair feels fine then you are washing it properly. To know your hair is greasy well it feels oily..

• Like 8

It feels oily... shiny is a different thing.

Well, put it this way if you hair feels fine then you are washing it properly. To know your hair is greasy well it feels oily..

+1

welcome to APH sir. :lol:

• Like 4

I guess you're right. I usually take a shower every 3 days, and I clean my hair well. Like my Father says, "You'll know if it's greasy" :lol:

Every 3 days you shower?!? I shower every single day. Sure, occasionally I will miss a day, but when that happens I feel gross by the end of that day. I don't necessarily wash my hair everyday because it dries out my scalp, especially in the winter time -- but I do shower on a daily basis.

If your hair is greasy, I would suggest bumping up the shower to at least an every other day event.

Edited by BWolken
  • Like 5

Every 3 days you shower?!? I shower every single day. Sure, occasionally I will miss a day, but when that happens I feel gross by the end of that day. I don't necessarily wash my hair everyday because it dries out my scalp, especially in the winter time -- but I do shower on a daily basis.

Whoa, careful reader haha. I completely missed that. :lol:

Showering every 3 days is pretty un-hygiene :D Like everyone else I shower daily in the morning with washing my hair... occasionally a quick 2 minute one at night if it's been a long day without washing my hair. Think of the smell and the sweat yo. :lol:

I shower at least once a day, sometimes once in the morning and once before I go to bed depending on the day.

Damn you. You guys are too worried about your bodies, geez...

My Father takes one every three days as well. Now, my Mother has a big nose, it's not like she is gagging at night.

Can you not afford Water or something? We're not too worried, we just Normal. What does your Father do?

This is why you can't get a girl like Bwolken said.

This.

Edited by Big Bang
  • Like 4

Damn you. You guys are too worried about your bodies, geez...

I promise you, other people can smell your body odor. That is the thing about B.O. -- people that have it tend not to be aware of the smell. We definitely are not "too worried about our bodies." It is more a practice of maintaining good hygiene. I implore you to consider more showers.

• Like 3

I'm all for conserving water, we do what we can here. Neither me or the wife take long showers (usually 10-15mins) and sometimes we combine them. :lol:

Edited by CrashGordon
  • Like 2

I'm all for conserving water, we do what we can here. Neither me or the wife take long showers (usually 10-15mins) and sometimes we combine them. :lol:

Smoooooooth :D

Very Smooth!!!!

MoM if you take a shower a day, I think life would go a heck of a lot better. Just take shorter ones and your hair will be less greasy. Also try some conditioner, adds shine and usually removes oils from hair.

@boomer: I do use conditioner. I'd need a lot of towels, tho. :lol: We only have about a dozen in the closet. All the rest are smaller ones. (kid sized)

@Crash: Tell chc to try that :D

Edited by Mindovermaster