Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Hair Question

I guess so, but I know some people that take showers less

This. Is sad.

Comparing yourself to someone out of the norm does not justify you into make yourself into the norm.

I'm all for conserving water, we do what we can here. Neither me or the wife take long showers (usually 10-15mins) and sometimes we combine them. :D

Yes... conserving water :lol:

In all honesty though most of the water is delivery charge, so the base cost is already there. Water/electricity isn't very expensive by the way we use it anyway. Saving a few bucks a month isn't really going to make that much of a difference. The only thing is that once we turned on the central home air conditioner for the entire month of July 2007 and our electricity bill quadrupled. :lol:

Very Smooth!!!!

MoM if you take a shower a day, I think life would go a heck of a lot better. Just take shorter ones and your hair will be less greasy. Also try some conditioner, adds shine and usually removes oils from hair.

You sure conditioner removes oil? It just untangles it and makes it smoother/shinier as far as I know.

@boomer: I do use conditioner. I'd need a lot of towels, tho. ;) We only have about a dozen in the closet. All the rest are smaller ones. (kid sized)

What does it have to do with towels. :lol:

Exactly, TL. It will get plenty wet before I can dry my full body.

But to the above, I would need to take more showers once I start working in my future "home gym"

Edited by Mindovermaster

Let's keep this disussion family friendly.

That's why I didn't go into further detail. :D Let your imagination run wild. :lol:

@chc

:lol:

I had to edit this just to keep it from being NSFW.

Edited by CrashGordon
  • Like 2

Hell, use a parachute. I am in a bit of shock that this thread is evolved into such a discussion. I would have to imagine that most people have the shower routine down by the time they are 10. Even as a grown adult, I still only need one towel in the shower. I use that same towel for 2, maybe 3 days, and then put it in the hamper. MoM, I rarely completely dry myself, because after the shower I usually shave or brush my teeth so I am standing around for a few minutes and air dry. I just don't see how it would be possible that you would need more than one towel when drying off. For your convenience, I've provided a link.

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Shower

• Like 3

Where did I ever say I use two towels?

For that link, I actually do the opposite. I soap up my body, then clean my hair, with shampoo as well as conditioner.

Edited by Mindovermaster

I'd need a lot of towels, tho. We only have about a dozen in the closet.

Am I reading that wrong, or does that satement seem to imply that you are concerned with not adequately drying your body because of an insufficient number of towels?

As for the link -- you obviously missed the sarcasm.

Edited by BWolken
  • Like 4

Here we go again, with making excuses :lol:

You're blaming your lack of towels now for your lack of showers.

Do you not do laundry? If one shower, you need one towel, and let's say you can use that towel for 3 days as Wolken said before you need to throw it in the laundry.

Then those 12 towels you have between your mom, your dad and yourself would last you about 3-4 days. I would stretch it even further and say that depending on where you live (such as Vancouver, fairly dry climate except when it's raining) you can get away with not washing your bath towel for 7 days because they dry REALLY fast. Perfectly reasonable time for laundry to be done, and this is only for towels. Just because you need to wash your TOWELS doesn't mean you have to do a laundry run for your other clothes as well.

Anyway you put it, once every 3 days for laundry (even if it's only to wash your towels) or every 7 days for laundry (full load) is not unreasonable at all.

If there's not enough good towels to use..then buy more. I would assume that bath towels are considered somewhat of a necessity and to not have enough yet not going to acquire more is inexcusable.

Edited by shift

My mom is all worried about hygiene, in high mode. My mom takes a shower every other day, she uses a towel once when she takes a shower. If its dried on the shower curtain bar, she tosses it down the laundry chute.

That is the problem here, not necessarily me.

I dare you to talk to my mother, she is so paranoid with some things.

And it drives me crazy...

I'm not making excuses, I just can't kill my mom. :lol:

Edited by Mindovermaster

So now I am super confused. "We are too concerned with hygiene." "You don't have enough towels." "Your mother is a lunatic." Just shower more. Please.

• Like 2

Don't blame your mom.

So because your mom takes a shower once a day, that means you can't?

We're not asking you to kill your mom, but rather if you told your mom you wanted to take a shower once a day to maintain personal hygiene I doubt she'd stop you, or ask her to buy more towels because it takes her 12 days to go through your 12 dirty towels.

Like I said, laundry once every 2-3 days isn't unreasonable and you maintain your supply of fresh soft clean towels to use.

Edited by shift

Every person is different. I went searching, and I saw many different opinions.

Some take 2 showers a day, some take one a day, some every other day, some every three days.

Some say don't wash your hair every day, or it will dry out.

Some say that if you soap up every day, your skin will start to peel.

Opinions are opinions, not the Meaning of Life. :lol:

@Shift: I said every other day, but yeah.

Edited by Mindovermaster

And here you are relying on a search engine to find out how much you need to shower per day and whether that's the norm...

I don't know about you, but one shower every three days is not the norm where I'm from :lol:

Nor is it the way I was brought up.

I'm pretty sure in North America showering at least once per day on a regular basis is considered normal; and is generally recommended for personal hygiene regardless of what your "some" people might think. Also I don't think your mom is "all worried about hygiene, in high mode" if she showers once every 2 days... also what's the whole deal with towels?

@shift- I guess so, I was always taking showers every three days, that's the way I was taught, that's all. If I need to change that, then sure. I dunno if she's worried about our water bill, or what.

@boomer- :lol:

@chc- I guess the answer is, we need more. (Y)

Showering every 3 days is pretty un-hygiene :S Like everyone else I shower daily in the morning with washing my hair... occasionally a quick 2 minute one at night if it's been a long day without washing my hair. Think of the smell and the sweat yo. :lol:

Ditto. And as mentioned before, I may miss a day, but then I feel gross and horrible. And yeah, I agree, yo (Y)

Edited by redeemed

The above was implying that we have a few "large" towels in the towel closet. We only have as such a dozen or so, that are large.

Go out and buy appropriate towels, what you doing, drying yourself with a face flannel?

60021502.JPG

• Like 5