Sign in to follow this  
chconline

Old Laptop Parts are Extremely Valuable.

I finally got around to sell off some of my old working laptop parts from my Dell Inspiron 6400, which I have failed to rescue when it died over a year ago. Funny how selling off just four components (CPU, graphics, battery, and LCD screen, where the screen is even scratched) brought me over $300 USD last week :lol:

img0001qs.jpg

:D

I have some P1 Celeron laptops, all of them died. One died from Pepsi :lol:

Just picked them out of a trash bin. I have several laptop wireless cards as well, but I never got em to work.

I don't think anybody would want that crap, but eh, who knows? I see broken stuff on Ebay all the time..

edit: I would sell all my crt monitors, but i think the shipping would cost three times more than the buying price :lol:

Edited by Mindovermaster

Not yours :lol: My parts consists of a Core 2 Duo T7400, Radeon X1400 (No idea what anyone can do with it since it is a proprietary part, but sure), a 1440x900 LCD that's scratched in the center, and a 6-cell original Dell battery that's in tip top condition.

It's kind of ironic when you part out the laptop it's worth so much. It costs more than new!

• Like 2

Exactly, I guess spare parts are on people's lists post Christmas. The CPU, I can understand, but the scratched monitor is a totally different story for me.

:lol: New Laptops are only $500 for comparable Performance.

Pretty much. Parting out older laptops (Not TOO old, but old enough so they need to look into the used parts market or out of warranty) brings amazing profit in. I should have sold it last year, but I didn't have the time. New laptops aren't expensive, but generally speaking, buying popular laptops will have easy to find parts with amazing resale value.

Yep, the T7400 is pretty much the fastest Intel Core 2 processor in the specific socket/lineup as far as I remember. The T7600 was insanely expensive.