Sign in to follow this  
CrashGordon

Help Me Take Better Pictures

If I was to get a new camera, which one of these (or something in the same price range $200 US max) is better?

Canon PowerShot A1100 IS for $130

or

Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS for $150

The SD1200 looks to be the better of the two, but I'd like someone else's opinion. :P

Side Note: It would also be nice if it supports SD/SDHC cards (so I don't have to get some other format of card).

Edited by CrashGordon
  • Like 1

The SD1200 is far superior. The A-series are large and suffers from poor battery life, but you can adjust shutter (That's about it). The SD1200 is more compact and an all round excellent camera. Try aiming for an SD780 IS where possible.

Here at APH we do 99% of our review photos with the SD-series cameras from Canon, other than my occasional dSLR shots for artistic purposes. Kenneth and Herbert both has an SD750, I have an SD790 IS, and Anthony has a SD780 IS (Which has not been used -- all his previous reviews were from his POS Casio :P )

Currently at the egg they have the SD780 right at my max budget of $200, but I have a birthday coming up in about 2 months so prices will most likely drop a little by then.

Looking forward to the upcoming reviews (and the pics with that camera too). :P

• Like 1

Yeah, Canon releases a new one every year and the older model always drops in price. It then goes OOS and never comes back.

Edited by shc-boomer