Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Logitech Wireless Mouse M305

I saw this price on Logitech's site for $39.99 USD. Then I looked elsewhere, and they had it at Best Buy for the same price, no shipping :lol:

IMG_0623.jpg

They had the plain silver one advertised online. I couldn't find that one at their store. They had this design in black or white. I didn't really care about the color nor design. It was the same device and price, so I went with this one.

IMG_0624.jpg

Front View

IMG_0626.jpg

Back View

IMG_0630.jpg

USB Plug-and-Forget Nano-receiver in my Eee.

IMG_0631.jpg

Picture of mouse, receiver, and my Eee.

It was hard to get the packaging open, but nothing scissors can't fix :P

I had a little trouble getting the USB receiver in. For some reason, it gave me a blank screen when I first put it in. Pulled it out, no response. So I did a hard shut down. (hold the power button for 6 seconds) I then turned it back on like nothing happened. It just showed me the list to start Windows normally. I plug the USB back in, no problem (Y)

Also, it was a little hard getting the battery compartment off. That is on the top where you put the palm of your hand on. They didn't have very clear instructions on how to do that. Once I got it off, put the battery in, turned it on, it ran like a champ!

I like how it uses 1 AA battery, not 2 AAA batteries like on my other small wireless Logitech mice.

It has a feature on it to put it in standby mode, which saves battery life. The small light on top also dims when your battery is about to die.

Logitech has software for it online, I needed to install SetPoint in order to get the wheel tilt.

You can't beat a 3 year warranty! :S

My Rating: 9.8/10 - Just those few problems above, but still a great product!

Edited by Mindovermaster

That's an... interesting design :lol:

RF is just fine. Logitech's Bluetooth technology didn't even catch up 3 years ago for proper performance. Anyone remember the MX5000?

That's an... interesting design :lol:

RF is just fine. Logitech's Bluetooth technology didn't even catch up 3 years ago for proper performance. Anyone remember the MX5000?

+1

(Y) Kenneth it's for his netbook, not everything has to be gamer or bluetooth.

• Like 4

Just wondering, do you actually carry that with you on the go? I used to use a VX Revolution, but nowadays when I'm on the laptop, I haven't even touched a wireless mouse for years after getting used to the touchpad.

:lol: Kenneth it's for his netbook, not everything has to be gamer or bluetooth.

Yeah I know, I was just pointing out the problems with the original Logitech technology in Bluetooth. chc asked if anyone remembered the MX5000, which I happen to own. Anyways, the biggest problem with netbooks always has been the touch pad. Usually smaller than most laptops due to space and a mouse is always good to have regardless. Especially due to the scrolling on netbooks, let me just say a mouse would be a very good idea.

I also totally forgot the lower end version of the 1005HA doesn't have BT, my bad on the BT idea of a mouse. Always been nice to not even need an external receiver.

Opinions are your own. Did you ever try a wireless mouse/kb?

IMO, wireless mice are fine. They can go anywhere. Try being attached by a rope tied to a tree, see how far you can go. :D

As for the design, I do not really care. I just don't want pink...

Wired mice generally have better performance and response time, and you don't need to worry about battery life (It drains down quick). Keyboards are fine in my opinion.

On the other hand, you can stretch the rope easily. But you can't increase the range in any cheap and fast manner. :D