Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Mivizu Neoprene Carrying Case Sleeve

I needed something better than my netbook case that I had to take off to use. And this was just $10 USD from Amazon:

IMG_0654.jpg

Outside view

IMG_0655.jpg

Inside view

This sleeve stays on your 10/10.1 netbook permanently. If you ever need to take it off, it's easily done. With elastic, this is quite stretchable.

IMG_0656.jpg

It does not interfere with any of your side ports, everything is quite accessible. The two bands on the top corner do cover the screen a bit, but it does not interfere much, with my toolbar at the top. I rarely need to know the time, and I can pinpoint where the Start button is.

IMG_0657.jpg

It has a nice pocket at the front for your power cord, USB cords or a mouse.

IMG_0658.jpg

Everything closed up, the mouse in the pocket.

It's a nice thing to have, IMHO. It keeps it protected when you're on the go. You don't have to worry about taking it out. If you're worried about a few pixels taken over by fabric, then simply move the fabric behind the screen and put it back when you are done.

I say it's nice to have. The price says it all, cheap, but I didn't need something more expensive than that. If you do, go ahead, you're not hurting my feelings.

Scoring: 8.5/10 It's good and all, but not that spectacular. I've seen better for more money.

(I know, I need to clean my Netbook. I'll get on it after I get this review done)

Edited by Mindovermaster

How does it keep the netbook cool (I'm assuming you mean temperature wise)

Edited by shift

Yeah, common logic will tell you that adding a padding of insulation around the system will increase system temperatures in addition to interfering with air ventilation.

Haha, not even close to a good netbooks article. Come on, obvious flaw in keeping it "cool". I'm sure they meant the I'm cool, you're not kind of thing.

I tend to agree. However, I don't think blocking off all the ventilation at the bottom as aforementioned is a very good idea. :P

Especially if that is foam, even my leather case for the netbook adds heat, but that foam is known for adding quite a bit of heat.

It kind of defeats the purpose of the case. You're going to lose the 'structural' integrity of the case, and you reduce protection. :P

Either way the main point we are making is that it doesn't keep the laptop cool as you stated in your review.

Yeah, I understand that. I read it :P Thanks for the pictures and the updates.

I was addressing the issue of the knife.

Read my review again. I edited the cool part out of it. Please stop this.

I noticed. When erroneous information is posted in a review and this is a tech site I think it's justified when the review is critiqued appropriately.

If I post inadequate information in a review that's going to be published by APH I think it's fair that people let me know what I've stated incorrectly as I have done for you.

Edited by shift

chc: I know, I was responding to Shift's remark.

Shift: That's the reason I'm not on the APH Review committee. I'm no pro. Sorry if I posted "inadequate information" We make mistakes, we move on.

Edited by Mindovermaster

Shift: That's the reason I'm not on the APH Review committee. I'm no pro.

So the least you can do for the reviews that you do in the Member Written Articles section is ensure that the information provided is accurate and be prepared to be criticized when it isn't.

You edited it after the fact I criticized you, and you had tried to defend your original statement.

Edited by shift

Yes, it is fixed, now drop the situation and stop defending something you already changed. Shouldn't the score go down as well?

Yep even as we work for us who writes for APH "professionally" must live up to a lot of criticism (Kenneth would know... from me :P ) It's glad that you changed it, and again thanks for the pictures and writeup. :P

Yes, I do appreciate your write up and insight. But for next time remember, if you've made a mistake and it's a genuine honest mistake don't keep defending it.