Sign in to follow this  
shift

World Cup of Soccer / Football

Personally I think Brazil has a chance to win it all despite their roster not being as stacked as years past. However deep down inside I want England to win. :S

I was at work watching the England vs US game and I agree, they choked pretty hard.

The funniest part has to be how crappy the English goaltender was. That was a must save and he failed badly.

Haha yeah. Like seriously :P I've also always gone for Brazil, so this time is no different. :D

Australia choked badly against Germany though. Their defence was absolutely atrocious. The players weren't marking Germany's men at all, which is pretty much the cardinal rule of football defence; instead, they just followed the ball around the pitch. :P I was expecting Germany to win, but not with that sort of dominance over Australia. I think the "shots on goal" tally came to something like 12-2 in Germany's favour, which is not surprising, considering Australia's defence. :S

The game timings aren't helpful for us down-under-ers. :P I went to my friend's place to watch the Australia vs. Germany game, and I had to get up at 4 am. The outside temp being 6° didn't help either. [insert inevitable chc joke about how that temp is t-shirt weather, and that Canada is a million times colder :P]

The game timings aren't helpful for us down-under-ers. :S I went to my friend's place to watch the Australia vs. Germany game, and I had to get up at 4 am. The outside temp being 6° didn't help either. [insert inevitable chc joke about how that temp is t-shirt weather, and that Canada is a million times colder :P]

I actually do wear t-shirts in 6C weather LOL

Brazil 2-1 over North Korea today! N. Korea didn't do that poorly actually, was surprised with their performance.

Brazil 2-1 over North Korea today! N. Korea didn't do that poorly actually, was surprised with their performance.

Thank goodness, if North Korea beat Brazil, I think I would cry... Doing a little research the coach's name is Kim Jong-Hun. Remind you of anyone?

Thank goodness, if North Korea beat Brazil, I think I would cry... Doing a little research the coach's name is Kim Jong-Hun. Remind you of anyone?

No kidding, I was actually getting a bit worried until Brazil opened the scoring.

Just watching that game was sad, the first 7 or so minutes Spain looked like they were unstoppable and the Swiss would never touch that ball...

Haha the ref in the ...USA game, was it?... kinda screwed things up. I found this quote this morning that summed up the fans' sentiments: "FIFA: Because NBA referees need offseason jobs too." :P

That is a perfect quote for that match. On another note, Ghana tied Australia making it the group D leader at this time. Australia is also last in group D... Turning out to be one heck of a World Cup.

Edited by shc-boomer

Algeria is up against USA, chances are than USA will win :P Brazil unsurprisingly secured the title already.