Sign in to follow this  
shift

World Cup of Soccer / Football

French national team is imploding!

Not only the French national team, European teams aren't doing too hot this year. Well at least not the big name ones...

Not only the French national team, European teams aren't doing too hot this year. Well at least not the big name ones...

Other European teams aren't refusing to practice :P

North Korea is out... Portugal 7-0, haha!

I know! North Korea got totally dominated in the second half. Ya gotta feel sorry for them :P

Also, I found this gem yesterday (I'm pretty sure it's legit haha):

Girl: "I wanna watch the worldcup!"

Dude: "I'm sorry, I have a natural distrust of men who kick balls for a living." :P

I know! North Korea got totally dominated in the second half. Ya gotta feel sorry for them :P

Also, I found this gem yesterday (I'm pretty sure it's legit haha):

Girl: "I wanna watch the worldcup!"

Dude: "I'm sorry, I have a natural distrust of men who kick balls for a living." :P

I don't feel that sorry for them, it's the way things are when your team plays poorly. I do feel happy for Portugal, they are ready to dominate.

Nice joke, that made my day!

North Korea is out... Portugal 7-0, haha!

Their goalie pretty much gave up after the first few goals - these players would be dead when they get home - if they ever get home. :P

• Like 1

Argentina/Greece was pretty intense... the latter's goalie was brilliant. :P

BTW Kenneth said the same about North Korea yesterday, lol.

Their goalie pretty much gave up after the first few goals - these players would be dead when they get home - if they ever get home. :P

Exactly... He was pathetic even after the first goal. He looked lost during the second half of the game.

They played hard against Brazil... in other news, USA is up for next round as Paul texted me this morning :P

I think that's pretty epic that USA actually made it to the next round, lol. And France got eliminated. I don't think US is actually expected to get past the first :P

I think that's pretty epic that USA actually made it to the next round, lol. And France got eliminated. I don't think US is actually expected to get past the first :P

Well a lot of unexpected events this year. I did not see France failing this badly nor USA tying USA or a 7-nil game. Things just seem to happen this year.

They played hard against Brazil... in other news, USA is up for next round as Paul texted me this morning :P

Haha so you got the text. FTW. :P

Landon Donovan with the glorious 90th minute goal to allow the US to advance!!!!

Yeah! :D It was kinda funny: I was stalking on Facebook and then I jumped on Google (just search for "worldcup" and boom, insta-scores!) at 1:45 am AEST (maybe the 90th minute of play), and the score was 0-0. Disappointed, I went back to stalking Facebook, and I saw that a guy from the States had posted "AMAZING!!!!" a minute ago. Needless to say haha, I went back to my Google search in a hurry, and I saw the score 1-0. :P

Well a lot of unexpected events this year. I did not see France failing this badly nor USA tying USA or a 7-nil game. Things just seem to happen this year.

Very valid points and I totally agree, but to a certain extent, what goes around comes around. Those cheats :P France won their qualifying match against Ireland using questionable methods. So I think it's only fair that they get booted out this early (call me biased, but I just don't like the French team :P). Also, there is a lot of internal strife within the French team (see the 2nd paragraph here). Not surprising that this gets translated into poor performance on the field.

Edited by redeemed

Very valid points and I totally agree, but to a certain extent, what goes around comes around. Those cheats :P France won their qualifying match against Ireland using questionable methods. So I think it's only fair that they get booted out this early (call me biased, but I just don't like the French team :P). Also, there is a lot of internal strife within the French team (see the 2nd paragraph here). Not surprising that this gets translated into poor performance on the field.

True, it's not like I enjoyed the way France won, but they made it in barely. With all the problems with the French team during just practices we could have assumed they didn't make it. But come on not even winning a single game?

Japan owned Denmark, as Keisuke Honda scored in the 17th minute with a free kick goal. His VTEC kicked in, yo. Get it? :P

Japan owned Denmark, as Keisuke Honda scored in the 17th minute with a free kick goal. His VTEC kicked in, yo. Get it? :P

Way to ruin that game for me (Too many jokes on VTEC lately)... I thought Japan played well and that Denmark looked a bit lost at points in the game...

Way to ruin that game for me (Too many jokes on VTEC lately)... I thought Japan played well and that Denmark looked a bit lost at points in the game...

First goal the Danish goalie could have had if he didn't misjudge the trajectory of the ball, the second one was just amazing though -- went around the wall and in the top right corner.

Haha when I saw your post on FB (containing only his first name), I was all like "Wat lolz :P". And then I was browsing around and I saw his last name as well, and THEN I realized why you made the VTEC joke :D I then duly proceeded to have a good ol' rofl. :P

:P

:P ... Hahaha this is win! :P

Edited by redeemed

Haha when I saw your post on FB (containing only his first name)

I did have his last name. Read the post again. :P

Can't believe Ghana beat US on overtime... Donovan is still probably the best US soccer player ever.

Edited by TL6MT
  • Like 1

Can't believe Ghana beat US on overtime... Donovan is still probably the best US soccer player ever.

Yeah, I did not see this one coming, but the US played well and got further than most people thought they would.