Sign in to follow this  
shift

World Cup of Soccer / Football

Yeah no kidding, at least it wasn't 4-nil or else England would be embarrassed beyond heck... Well the three supposed "underdogs" are out.

Since we are at close to the finals, what is everyone's final match predictions?

I want to say Netherlands Vs. Spain.

Edited by shc-boomer

Since we are at close to the finals, what is everyone's final match predictions?

I want to say Netherlands Vs. Spain.

LOL? I'd say Brazil + Portugal or Argentina

I did have his last name. Read the post again. :D

Ohhh right. Lol I thought that you were saying "Honda VTEC", as in the car manufacturer. I was like "lol who is this guy with a Honda VTEC?? :P"

LOL? I'd say Brazil + Portugal or Argentina

Argentina is the hot pick this year.

+1, gentlemen. I've always gone for Brazil, so it would be nice to see them win. :P Having said that, in order of most likely to least likely to win the Cup out of those 3 teams, I'd say Argentina, Portugal, Brazil.

Argentina is the hot pick this year.

Well their team does have Lionel Messi and the like of other great soccer players. I could totally see the in the finals as well, hard choices this year.

Japan owned Denmark, as Keisuke Honda scored in the 17th minute with a free kick goal. His VTEC kicked in, yo. Get it? :P

:P

Gonzalo Higuaín is quite Brilliant.

• Like 1

Looks like Netherlands made it through to the next match.

That Japan vs. Paraguay team was very close, Japan also played very well to get that far.

Edited by shc-boomer

Yeah especially when you have the guy with a VTEC :P

Too bad they lost in a shootout, but either way we're left with Uruguay/Ghana, Netherlands/Brazil, Argentina/Germany, and Paraguay/Spain. We're probably going to be left with Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, and Spain in the next round (Just my guess).

Yeah especially when you have the guy with a VTEC :P

Too bad they lost in a shootout, but either way we're left with Uruguay/Ghana, Netherlands/Brazil, Argentina/Germany, and Paraguay/Spain. We're probably going to be left with Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, and Spain in the next round (Just my guess).

As much as I want to see no upsets in this round, I think Netherlands and Germany have the highest chance of upsetting the respective teams they are against.

We'll see how it goes haha. They're all playing brilliantly, except for a "few", which has been obviously eliminated.

Argentina against Germany would be epic.

That will be epic! Both teams are pretty much playing as expected of them with Argentina dispatching Mexico and Germany getting rid of England.

Yeah true that, would make for a great game. I just hope it isn't one of those scoreless to shootout games. Although I wouldn't mind a shootout, just make sure it isn't scoreless.

Whoa, Brazil got owned. Sad.

I KNOW EH. :P I don't know how to else describe it. I was totally going for them, and their first half was amazing. Best team in the world ehhhh.

I KNOW EH. :P I don't know how to else describe it. I was totally going for them, and their first half was amazing. Best team in the world ehhhh.

+1 there goes my Argentina vs Brazil prediction.

What did I say about the Netherlands? :P

In all honesty, they pulled off one of the biggest upsets in Soccer history :P

+1 there goes my Argentina vs Brazil prediction.

YOU WERE SAYING? :P GERMANY FOR THE WIN! Lol it was so awesome to watch Germany clinically dispatch the Argentinians. Like seriously, 4-0. AGAINST ARGENTINA, NO LESS. :|

As the commentator said it so succinctly, just after the final whistle: "[Argentina] have had, in football parlance, the spanking of their lives." Indeed, yo. :P

Oh BTW, we had a youth group on tonight, and after that we went to one of the leader's house to watch the game. He's half-German (and OBVIOUSLY goes for Germany lol), so you can guess that those who were going for Argentina copped a lot of stick before, and especially towards the end of, the game. :P He's a diehard fan, and everyone else (myself included) was getting hyped up, so it was an awesome atmosphere. :D Plus a few of the guys who were there knew a lot about the tactical aspect of football, so it was good hearing their comments on the gameplay. (Y)