Sign in to follow this  
shift

World Cup of Soccer / Football

YOU WERE SAYING? :P GERMANY FOR THE WIN! Lol it was so awesome to watch Germany clinically dispatch the Argentinians. Like seriously, 4-0. AGAINST ARGENTINA, NO LESS. :|

As the commentator said it so succinctly, just after the final whistle: "[Argentina] have had, in football parlance, the spanking of their lives." Indeed, yo. :P

Oh BTW, we had a youth group on tonight, and after that we went to one of the leader's house to watch the game. He's half-German (and OBVIOUSLY goes for Germany lol), so you can guess that those who were going for Argentina copped a lot of stick before, and especially towards the end of, the game. :P He's a diehard fan, and everyone else (myself included) was getting hyped up, so it was an awesome atmosphere. :D Plus a few of the guys who were there knew a lot about the tactical aspect of football, so it was good hearing their comments on the gameplay. (Y)

Wow, that game was just a bomb. The Argentinians really let me down here, what is going to be the next upset now?

Well I was right on 2/4, haha. Good job on the predictions Kenneth :P

Spain played a good game, I think it would end up being Germany against Netherlands.

WHAT NOW ARGENTINA BANDWANGONERS!!!!!!

:P Theyre saving money by taking the same plane home as Brazil.

• Like 2

Well I was right on 2/4, haha. Good job on the predictions Kenneth :P

Spain played a good game, I think it would end up being Germany against Netherlands.

Lol pardon my ignorance, but what does 2/4 mean? You mean 2 out of 4 of your predictions?

And I agree about the Final. Netherlands will (probably) own Uruguay, and Germany should easily take care of Spain. And then, my tip is that Germany will lift the trophy, so you heard it here first, folks. :P

(Y) Theyre saving money by taking the same plane home as Brazil.

:P

Edited by redeemed

Lol pardon my ignorance, but what does 2/4 mean? You mean 2 out of 4 of your predictions?

And I agree about the Final. Netherlands will (probably) own Uruguay, and Germany should easily take care of Spain. And then, my tip is that Germany will lift the trophy, so you heard it here first, folks. :P

I would rather see Netherlands lift their first cup, even though they would be underdogs, this World Cup has been much stranger.

Argentina got owned by Germany 4-0? thats the biggest **** ever can't Believe it, all the bandwagoners can stfu now lol. :P

Edited by Big Bang
  • Like 2

Haha, some of those Argentina fanboys (And girls) were ranting about it before church this morning. :P

July 6th and 7th are the days to wait for now. :P

Haha, some of those Argentina fanboys (And girls) were ranting about it before church this morning. :P

July 6th and 7th are the days to wait for now. :P

I can't wait to watch those games, hope they will be as good as the hype for them. Please no nil-nil shootouts.

Uruguay vs Netherlands today! 11:30 Cali time!

Edited by TL6MT
  • Like 1

IMO the game didn't start off too exciting, but Netherlands certainly had the upper hand in the beginning all the way up to the first goal. They had a bit more speed and individual skills over Uruguay, but it seems that Uruguay despite these shortfalls plays significantly more organized. 1-1 at half time, it gets heated up. :P

I'd be happy with Uruguay makes it through, then at least that means Kenneth's prediction is half wrong! :P

EDIT: Scratch that, Netherlands just scored.

EDIT: It's over, Netherlands scored again -- no way Uruguay can score 2 with such little time left.

Edited by shift

They got one goal in. The third goal Uruguay let in was kind of bad, the goalie just watched it get headed :P

Game is about to start in an hour, can't wait to watch this one. I foresee a tight game, hopefully not nil-nil but you never know...

0-0 into half time. The Germans were obviously like twice the size of the Spanish, but Spain had much better ball control and the players really played as a team to hold off the Germans.

Time of possession easily goes to Spain, but it doesn't look like they are getting many good chances.

HOLY CRAP SPAIN ACTUALLY WON!

I am quite surprised that Germany actually lost, but watching the game it wasn't surprising after the first half. Spain easily had higher possession and team game in organizing the offensive -- Germany didn't have much of a chance in getting organized attacks with the ball; they end up defending half the time. Spain had quite a few great chances but most of them missed, and with Spain's goalie putting out spectacular saves it was quite an entertaining game after the first half. Germany barely had any good shots on net.

Well another off prediction, but I think Netherlands will still win the final and Germany for third.

Spain would require some serious strategy to beat Netherlands, but Netherlands is really going to take this seriously -- after letting Uruguay scored first in the last game.

Spain would require some serious strategy to beat Netherlands, but Netherlands is really going to take this seriously -- after letting Uruguay scored first in the last game.

Agreed, Netherlands plays such a tight team game, it is hard to beat them without proper strategies. I'm leaning towards the Netherlands as the winner although Spain is arguably more skilled.