Sign in to follow this  
chconline

Snow

We're getting a lot of snow here in Calgary -- it's been snowing like crazy for the last 2-3 days, and it continues to do so :| Plus, I don't remember -1x Celsius so cold, lol.

img0080qx.jpg

Lots of cars got stuck, crashed, etc. but this is the time where we can have fun with my tires :P

img0081cp.jpg

Very impressed by both my Continental ExtremeContact DWS and Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. I drove my Civic for the last few days as I waved at everyone getting stuck uphill wondering why their cars won't start when I blew by them with all season tires :lol: What I am REALLY impressed by are the Blizzaks -- not that it's slip-proof, but the performance on snow and ice is so good, my dad thought the ABS was broken because it never turns on. That's only because it never needed to. To demonstrate, I had to accelerate the car to 50 and slam the brakes hard on pure snow.

I've rarely driven in snow... it's nice here in LA :lol: - I've always heard rave reviews about Blizzaks from my northern state friends but it sounds overrated to me I mean how much grip can you get in snow?

• Like 2

Not a lot -- it certainly won't be like driving on dry grounds, but you'd sure as heck be passing everyone who doesn't have good tires. It's not overrated. It's well worth the money.

Man, good thing it's not like that in BC, I would have a hard time leaving the house let alone leaving my garage.

:P I heard it's snowing up in Van as well.

• Like 2

:P I heard it's snowing up in Van as well.

It was, barely any though. Pretty much all of it has melted by now.

It was, barely any though. Pretty much all of it has melted by now.

Already? Whats the temps?

• Like 2

lol, apparently Calgary is the second coldest place on earth today.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/story.html?id=3872612

Don't blame Calgarians for grumbling about the weather. Calgary is the second-coldest place on earth.

At least, that's what wx-now.com, a global weather watch, was claiming at 11 a.m. Tuesday.

The website reported a temperature of -27 F (or about -33 C) at the Springbank Airport at 10:57 a.m. Tuesday

The only place colder – anywhere – was the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica, where it was -36 F (or -38 C), according to wx-now.com.

And my car still starts. :D

I have some pictures from a few days back, was around -10 yesterday and wind chills up top about -17 and probably at some point -20 up on SFU. Darn being on top of the mountain.

149061_10150339145490111_548970110_15756405_3612446_n.jpg

150320_10150339145700111_548970110_15756408_1833307_n.jpg

155390_10150339145845111_548970110_15756410_924069_n.jpg

154407_10150339145975111_548970110_15756413_3009397_n.jpg

That's pretty intense for Vancouver eh? :P

We're back to -1 this morning. I just grabbed a windbreaker. It's so nice and warm :lol: