Sign in to follow this  
chconline

"Leaked" photos

Have you guys ever wondered, in the days of high performance cameras and HD video with every modern smartphone, that those "leaked" photos/videos of the latest electronics are always blurry and ugly images? :|

I never quite understood that.

I have wondered that quite a bit, my only explanation is that their cell phone cameras suck. Other than that I have no explanation.

Good point. The only explanation I can take a shot at, other than cell cameras being of inferior quality to proper cameras, is that maybe the mole wants to snap a quick, discreet photo. They would want to do it surreptitiously, without drawing attention to themselves. This is especially true if they're in a location with others in the vicinity. Taking such a hurried photo gives us the blurries.

In such impromptu circumstances, a point-and-shoot would probably provide better photos, with a flash etc. But in a pinch, inferior phone cameras are the most handy. That, coupled with the aforementioned secretive photography, leads to Mr. Blurrycam making several appearances. :P

Edited by redeemed

Another thing I seems to think of sometimes is that they companies themselves may "leak" the photos to give a small look into the product, but not enough to actually show anything other than maybe the design.

Good point. The only explanation I can take a shot at, other than cell cameras being of inferior quality to proper cameras, is that maybe the mole wants to snap a quick, discreet photo. They would want to do it surreptitiously, without drawing attention to themselves. This is especially true if they're in a location with others in the vicinity. Taking such a hurried photo gives us the blurries.

In such impromptu circumstances, a point-and-shoot would probably provide better photos, with a flash etc. But in a pinch, inferior phone cameras are the most handy. That, coupled with the aforementioned secretive photography, leads to Mr. Blurrycam making several appearances. :P

True, but what are they ALWAYS in the dark?

• Like 1

True, but yeah -- it's always in a dark place with a washed out screen for some reason. And you would think that if you're really after the latest electronics, bring a dSLR on you? I don't think I've ever seen any good quality leaks. A telephoto plus a powerful flash does wonders, just like they do with car spy pics.

The problem with electronics is that they are easier to hide and make sure people don't take pictures of it. On top of that, the people that leaked it probably don't want to be traced so they mess up the tagging on their photos or just take quick photos. It seems obvious if it is taken with a real good camera with ultra high quality.

The problem with electronics is that they are easier to hide and make sure people don't take pictures of it. On top of that, the people that leaked it probably don't want to be traced so they mess up the tagging on their photos or just take quick photos. It seems obvious if it is taken with a real good camera with ultra high quality.

Oh true, you don't want them to see your 580EXII go off :lol: