Sign in to follow this  
chconline

More Snow!

We got a little snow on Christmas day (last time on that day was around 130 years ago), now it's in the 50-60F range.

Yeah, we had about 6-8 inches here on Christmas day and the day after, and now its back up to 62F today and all melted. :(

Yeah, he actually came by around 12ish, so it wasn't that bad. Good thing I went out after, when I got home the house was actually warm.

Well the snow melted today. I couldn't stand it so I washed both my cars. It's going to snow again tomorrow. Woot :lol:

Looks like we're about to have another "Winter Weather Event" here. Expecting 3-4 inches (maybe up to 6) of snow, followed by around 1/4 inch of freezing rain on the roads on late Sunday/early Monday into Tuesday. I know that doesn't sound like much to all the people up north, but it's a major event down here. People here freak out at just the possibility of snow/ice.

Wait -

It snows in Georgia? I heard you guys use water in your car's windshield cleaners!

• Like 1

Yeah man, usually only 1-2 times a year around mid-late Jan through Feb, but this year it's already past that.

I use regular Rain-X washer fluid in the warmer months, but order their All Season in the colder months, but I'm sure there's people out there that just use water. Water just doesn't cut through the grime and dead bugs good enough for me.

Yay.

We just got some really epic snow sweeping across Alberta again :S

Lower Mainland is supposed to get snow Wednesday through Sunday. I'm sure nothing compared to what you guys get in Alberta though.

Edited by shift

Whoa, that's pretty intense -- especially for southern USA :|

It was a chilly -20c here in Calgary today. I don't have any specific pics, but you can probably tell with these photos taken while I was in the new library in school today.

img0009yk.jpg

img0032i.jpg

Several friends in other areas around town got 6+ inches.

Well the whole metro area is shut down here including the airport (Hartsfield-Jackson), mail, UPS/FedEx and has been since Sunday night/Monday morning. The interstates have been a total mess too. We have salt/sand trucks here, just not enough to deal with it. Oh well, another day off from work. (Y)

At least I get to enjoy 2 weeks of having a relatively clean car (It was too cold to make my car dirty, lol). Now it's all mud again.