Sign in to follow this  
chconline

New Library at School

Took my camera the other day to school to take some pics. I had to say I'm impressed. The whole building is all class, high mesh ceilings, ultra modern design, and awesome Core i7 computers with 4GB of RAM (Plus Radeon 3470s... no joke haha). Dual monitor setups for all main floor computers and plug ins everywhere. Only problem is that they run Windows XP. But I'm quite surprised they built something this nice, considering this is University of Calgary, and they got a library that's as good as the one downtown... with better computers.

img0002vq.jpg

img0006du.jpg

img0010fr.jpg

img0015poz.jpg

img0018nn.jpg

img0020cg.jpg

img0021bx.jpg

img0022qq.jpg

img0024vf.jpg

img0025dvk.jpg

img0029vb.jpg

img0032yg.jpg

+1

My school gives out laptops with i5's. All desktops in place are i5's too with the exception of lab computers where students could mess around with whistle.gif

Too bad I'm not at the University anymore to see such beauty no.gif

Whoa, that is really impressive for a university to have, our computers are still outdated, but heck whatever works I guess. I would take some pictures but it is nowhere near as impressive.

Whoa, that is really impressive for a university to have, our computers are still outdated, but heck whatever works I guess. I would take some pictures but it is nowhere near as impressive.

Pics? I would like that.

Yeah :P

Was just at the library today. Sat downstairs. All the glass faces east. They really need those electronic tinting stuff to control light. It's so hot :|

Whats happening to Mackimmie Libary Block? It's been a long time since I've graduated... that's a nice library.

They're moving all the books out, and storing them somewhere. Last I heard it's converting to classrooms, but we'll see.