chconline

Your Photography Equipment

What do you guys have?

Main setup:

canoneos60d430exii.jpg

Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (Looking to upgrade to a 24-105 f/4L soon), Canon 430EX II

Compact:

canonsd790isapril911.jpg

Canon SD790 IS

Previous equipment:

Canon EOS 20D, Canon SD300 (Screen broke).

Um -

Canon EOS 5D MK II

580EX II

24-105 f/4L

:P I can't really take a photo of my own camera though. Your 60D picture looks amazingly good. :S

Edited by TL6MT

Um -

Canon EOS 5D MK II

580EX II

24-105 f/4L

:P I can't really take a photo of my own camera though. Your 60D picture looks amazingly good. :S

Inserted my SD card into Preston's camera and took it :P

Canon PowerShot S95 -

Probably one of the best Compacts I've used, $400 is like the price of you guy's Flash but I'm happy, I can't carry a DSLR everywhere.

Canon SD780IS - my first camera. I don't think I would do a DSLR any justice if I were to have one :whistle:

:P I got one and I'm learning, don't let anyone hear this but it works very well on full automatic.

No, it's fine. I usually use mine on manual for the flash (But that's only because my 60D compensates flash power automatically) with autofocus. So technically that's partial manual because I set ISO at 200, shutter at 60 and aperture at 8.0 for APH reviews, unless I need a bigger DOF. If I'm out and about I'll end up using full auto or aperture priority for quick shots. Honestly though, there's no point of using full manual all the time. It's a waste of time setting it, and semi-manual modes do a fine job 95% of the time.

Agreed; some of my pro photographer friends tell me similar things. Only **** ***holes go around telling people using camera in full manual to take a picture of stupid **** that could have the exact same effect as semi manual.

Got to see it in action last night -- I'm jealous.

Anyways, it's about time I posted my equipment :P

First up is the Nikon D90 with the regular AF-S 18-55mm VR kit lens.

d9001.jpg

Just recently in my Hong Kong vacation trip, I picked this bad boy up -- no more Nikon noob :lol: Canon EOS 60D with 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD Standard Zoom Lens. I absolutely adore this camera, now I just need to pick myself up a L series lens with an external flash.

eos60d01.jpg

eos60d02.jpg

Nice Jeremy. Another Canon user!

Now pick up some L glass - worth the price!

Edited by TL6MT

Love those lens. Goes amazing with my 5D2. The sharpness is AWESOME and IS lets you take pics at really low shutter speeds.