Sign in to follow this  
shc-boomer

Gotta love Mother's Day

So, usually Mother's day is a great day to spend out with your mother of course. Well, let's just say mine didn't exactly go as planned. Today, I decided to go to a local AZN mall called Crystal Mall in Burnaby for Breakfast with my mom. So, that went ok as usual, just breakfast as usual. However, the problem happened when we left to get our car. Apparently some driver next to us in the parking spot to our left hit our car on the way out. He reversed parked, so he just rammed through the left side of our car on the way out. The damage left is as shown below. Man, apparently no one saw it until 10:20AM when the security guard patrolled saw it. To add to this, there are apparently no cameras in a so called patrolled lot. The worst part is the driver had of course left, and the spot had already been taken by another car, although I wonder why they would even want to be next to car like mine after what happened. I guess it's the AZN mall part.

V8uJMh.jpg

Now, for our rental car, the Hyundai Elantra. So did I downgrade from my 95 Civic to this?

48SfJh.jpg

2rZZ5h.jpg

Ouch, that sucks. How convenient, no cameras? :S

That looks like an SUV hit to me. Probably did pretty good damage to their car. How much is insurance covering you for that?

Hyundai FTW :lol:

Ouch... normally I'd say at least rental cars are more "recent" or up to date, but from a Honda to a Hyundai? :blink: I'd ragequit.

Edited by aeroLai
  • Like 1

Ahh that sucks :(

Used to have one of those Civics, was a great car - hope you get that *******.

:lol: Oh and happy mothers day, I'm sure your mom loves that new Hyundai.

:no: there are such bad drivers out there. Unfortunate it was a hit and run. but...most unfortunate of all, you've ended up with a Hyundai. (N)

Hopefully things will work out. How is insurance reacting to this?

Crystal Mall, that parking lot is the bane of the Lower Mainland and whomever the designer was hopefully isn't employed anymore.

Serious who designs a ROUND parking lot -__-"

Edited by shift

Ouch!! Sorry to hear that, Kenneth! At least, when you get your Civic back, you'll appreciate it that much more from the Hyundai!!