Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Moved to Calgary, Alberta

Well, I'm attending East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. However, my parents just got a new place in Calgary, Alberta. So figured I'd put a few pictures up.

Desk/view from apartment:

img0039nk.jpg

img0050rv.jpg

And yes, I can see the stampede grounds from here.

Here are some random pictures of the city...

img0040ky.jpg

img0042juo.jpg

img0045uci.jpg

img0046sl.jpg

img0032m.jpg

Sorry for the quality, iPhone pictures. But you get the idea...

APH land! I'm extremely unfamiliar with the area, but when I come back up here again I'll shoot you guys a pm. I should be up here every so often.

• Like 2

What's everyones opinion on the University of Calgary? I might be looking to transfer to a university up here.

Depends what you are taking. What faculty are you in?

well technically im still downtown, but with trips planned to edmonton, and busy plans, i don't know if i'd have the time. But if chc finds himself downtown, 13th ave and 1st street.

Im in Business M.I.S. (management information systems) right now, but I might be looking to transfer into a mechanical engineering program. I'm assuming a lot of my credits would be irrelevant/not transfer over, so I also had Mount Royal in mind. I'm not sure though.

Mount Royal has nothing on University of Calgary on Engineering :P

I would probably have told you the university is nothing special if you're taking sciences, but since you're in engineering, this is the one to go to. It's not exactly an easy program though.

I would probably have told you the university is nothing special if you're taking sciences, but since you're in engineering, this is the one to go to. It's not exactly an easy program though.

Except for the fact that they made engineering easier at U of C lol :P

Only first year first term... ENGG 325/ENEL 341 is now replaced by ENGG 225, and they killed off ENGG 253 for GPA boosting. While Circuits I is really easy, it's still some work. Last year it was a Haque or Bartley class, and both are brilliant profs, so you really can't go wrong. I'm in EE so I might be biased in calling what's easy :P

However, the laboratorials for PHYS 259 is absolutely brutal. They paid me $50 to do each lab, I signed up for 3 and pretty much wanted to ditch after the first one. Honestly you can't even pay me to do those labs, and you got to do 11 of those per year if you want to be in engineering.

That said, first year first term is easier because they simplified ENGG 205 (The most infamous course ever) into ENGG 202. Basically they just took out dynamics and all you get is statics. It's not like dynamics is really hard, but I guess it pays off for first year first term students. You'll probably get raped in second term though.