Sign in to follow this  
medevacvii

Samsung 60" 6050 Series LED Smart TV

It's very easy to navigate, with everything laid out in a very organized manner. There are a bunch of apps and features for you to choose from, and on start-up, it automatically updated the firmware and the recommended apps. Upon entering characters, you could use the T9, TX9, or standard QWERTY keyboard. All of which were easy to learn, and services were easy to register with your online account. As well, you have your own theater built right into your TV! Just buy the shows, and it's right there to watch. One minor flaw that I found was that there was a slight lag to it, but I'm sure they'll be updating the firmware now and then, so it's not much of a complaint.

I got a 55" version of the 6 series Samsung. The apps are pretty useless, I stopped using after the first day or so, it was gimmicky at first. Browser is hell to use. Video quality is amazing so congrats on the great purchase!

Was the Samsung 7000's series on sale? I want one of those :drool: Congrats on the purchase though; I volunteer your house for our next LAN party! :lol:

From what I've heard from some people that I've talked to, they're not all too fond of the whole 3DTV thing for what its worth in its price range. Personally speaking, you're paying a bunch of money for the 3D feature (and maybe some other enhancements I'm not aware of). I think I have other places to spend my money :P

Yea, 3D TVs are a waste of money. Nothing wrong with a good old HDTV and not to mention wearing glasses + no programs in 3D means it's as useful as tinting your car's headlights.

From what I've heard from some people that I've talked to, they're not all too fond of the whole 3DTV thing for what its worth in its price range. Personally speaking, you're paying a bunch of money for the 3D feature (and maybe some other enhancements I'm not aware of). I think I have other places to spend my money :P

Like buy a even bigger TV :P

Sure the 7000 series may have the 3DTV feature, but that's not the reason at all why I want one :P The 7000 series features Samsung's Medi@ 2.0 that adds a huge host of networking features like DLNA and internet. I see the "3D" part as just another 'bonus' -- so to speak.

Fair enough, but for technologists like us, it's not too hard to add a media center to any TV for that matter generally for similar purposes :P

On that note, a quick setup :D

IMG_6179.jpg