Sign in to follow this  
JarolToe

Cooler Master Cosmos II by Jeremy To

I am not entirely sure of the status of when this review will be scheduled for since we still are waiting for the replacement cover. Enjoy the appetizer though :thumbsup:

0201.jpg

0202.jpg

0203.jpg

0204.jpg

Finally pics :P this is a sexy case, aluminum panel shattered? pics?

I'll get some pics up on the panel soon. Technically the panel itself is fine (as you can see from the photos). The problem is with the mechanism that holds the panel onto the rail that has shattered. In other words, all four corners, or all four screw holes have shattered; which leads me to believe that its a product wide problem, and not just a problem with my unit. However, I will be getting a new panel in just to make sure.

Screw holes shattered? What did they make it out of?

Plastic -- the most brittle material known to man-kind...hahaha. They could of fixed the problem if they just lined the side walls with rubber, foam, or any dampening material which costs probably less than 10 cents. Or just go for a more expensive alternative like use a stronger material for the screw holes like metal or any alloy. I believe every Cosmos II out there will have the same problem sooner or later. If not 1 week like me, maybe 3 months, 6 months, 1 year; eventually it will break.

In fact, I went out to the dollar store and bought a dampening rubber material in the crafts section for $1.50, cut it into four short strips, and plan to glue them to the sides myself.

I'm thinking that I may need to make a short video on the exterior mechanics of the case in the review. The side panels, front bezel, and top bezel are so one of a kind, its almost impossible to explain in words. It'll also be a good opportunity to cover this problem.

Edited by JarolToe

Here is the top bezel.

topbezel01.jpg

topbezel02.jpg

as you can see, all four screw holes have shattered. I only have 2 of the shattered pieces, the rest is either lost or still in the case. Isolated problem on my unit or product wide problem? You decide.

It's a small design problem with Jeremy's particular unit IMO. Still haven't got a replacement panel in yet :S Not sure if there are any differences in the production version.

Well, there is something definitely wrong with my unit, that much can be said. I won't know much more until we get a replacement panel in. Also, like what Jonathan states above, we really don't know if there are any differences in the production version, especially since this is an internal build issue. Here are some more photos.

0205.jpg

0206.jpg

0301.jpg

0302.jpg

0303.jpg

0304.jpg

0305.jpg

0306.jpg

0307.jpg

Damn, that's a sexy case. Amazing pics Jeremy.

Thanks. I'm really proud of my photos for this case :P I think I finally got the white balance right.

Yeah, those are great pics (Y) Also the replacement panels are with Cooler Master right now. We should have one shipped in within the next 2 weeks, and we'll have the case review back on schedule.

Yeah, those are great pics (Y) Also the replacement panels are with Cooler Master right now. We should have one shipped in within the next 2 weeks, and we'll have the case review back on schedule.

Good news. It's been 3 months. :realmad:

Wotwoot AMAZING news!

:D I think I see a bit of it for those who know where to look.

Haha yup, review is near finished, editing to come shortly. Thank you all for the patience!