TL6MT

Most admired person in your opinion

Saw this on another forum so I think this will make a intresting thread.

So name your most admired person and why.

For me its Henry Ford. He was innovative in his line of manufacturing but not only that, he knew how to use people and treat employees like people to afford the products.

Gee, thats quite a difficult question. There are many people I admire for various reasons. Hard to pick the "perfect" one, although Henry Ford is a good choice.

For me it's kinda a toss-up between Enzo Ferrari, Albert Einstein and Jacques-Yves Cousteau (I could add a few musicians too like Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhodes, John Bonham). Each had their own thing but were extremely passionate about it. All were very creative and discovered something or took something and "thought outside-the-box" to make something new.

If I have to pick just one, it'd probably be Cousteau. Growing up seeing some of his specials on tv inspired me to get my SCUBA certification. The ocean is a fascinating place that "ordinary" people can explore with a little training. I got certified while living/working in Key West. I have my Advanced Open Water & NITROX certs too. http://www.padi.com/...er/default.aspx Since I loved diving wrecks, the deeper and longer I could safely stay the better. I was working towards a Dive Master cert, but things happend and I had to come back to the ATL to take care of my mom.

I'd trade 3 months of track time for a 2 tank (half day) dive trip.

Edited by CrashGordon

Man, I think I'll take a unique one here. I have to say Jimmy Carter. He definitely isn't a great president, but I think he is a very genuine guy. Yes, he is sometimes a bit idealistic, but his humility and demonstration of his faith is definitely something I admire.