chconline

chconline's 2013 Honda Accord Touring I4 6MT Sedan

Here's pics of the dashcam and radar detector install. Both hardwired into the car.

fOpZW0Q.jpg

The laser jammer Switch looks really awesome - the Radar install looks good too. Are you tapping off the Mirror? Won't it draw too much Power?

Nope, it has a 2A fuse. The mirror barely draws any power, and so does the camera (About 100mA). I'm not too worried about it, and I never had any problems.

Also LI Gen 8 heads finally installed!

2q3rmty.jpg

3M tape. I stacked a bit in front to level them, as the grille is not flat like my Civic. They're awesome.

Another family photo :P

kSRtsE7.jpg

I just taped a piece of cardboard to the front of my car along the center right above the Honda logo, so I can get a reference perpendicular line to the front of my car. From there, I measured the distance between the left and right of each jammer head to get a perfect front alignment.

avmr02.jpg

lol, I can barely see it. How many times have you washed your car since you got it? It's pretty damn clean in every pic!

Pretty secure. Looks pretty good to me. Also, the grille is pretty tight (It's a snug fit with my LI Gen 8's) so the panels itself clip it into place as well.

Installed new speakers on Saturday.

n1jyMDm.jpg

Upgraded front speakers so far, didn't have time to do the back yet (Or even figured out how to do it). I decided to do it a little cleaner, so I spliced wires and made the shortest possible connections (Y) For some reason, installing new speakers caused some startup rumble in my car, with an unstable ANC loop. People with lower end models didn't exhibit this problem, but my 7-speaker premium system with subwoofer definitely didn't like the speaker swap. The ANC module is located right above the Bluetooth module behind the secondary button/control knob panel, which can be disconnected by removing two screws behind the left and right center trim pieces. Two nuts holds the frame of the Bluetooth module in. Thankfully, I have just the right tools to get them out (A small ratchet with extension), which I purchased to get the overhead console out of my dad's car a few months ago. With ANC disabled, I can finally get some bass out of the sub, and the audio quality had a noticeable improvement :yes: From what I've read, ANC barely does anything, so I doubt I can even notice a difference. Will try it on the highway tomorrow to see how it goes.

The Polk db6501 sounds amazing. Really balanced across the range, and fits perfectly into my Accord. For the door speakers, I just drilled 4 holes, and that was done. For the tweeters, I decided to use the stock crossover rather than the Polk crossover, since the car is designed for use with tweeters anyway. It sounds perfect. It actually slides right into the socket like it's designed for it. Obviously, it won't clip in, but there's nothing a bit of glue won't fix :P

Yep, that's now it works :D

I got home on Tuesday evening, and finally got around to doing the rear speakers. It was a bit more complicated, so I did not want to get started on it, but I thought I might as well see what I can do.

I started off by removing the left and right seat shoulders. It is bolted down underneath the seat bottom cushion, but I can't figure out how to unlatch it. However, if you just bend the seat slightly, you will see the bolt. Using a small ratcheting head and 10mm socket, I got it out. Slide the seat shoulders up, and the first step is done.

Next, I removed the C-pillar covers. I thought it was a button that needs to be pried labeled "Side Airbag" like the Odyssey's A pillars, which I was a bit reluctant in doing. as it is scratch prone when you pry it with your screwdrivers. Fortunately, it's a one piece assembly, and the cover can be removed by tugging it out to release it of 3 clips from behind.

To remove the rear deck, it is held down by five clips behind the seat. Just fold down the rear seat to gain access. The deck is held down to the metal frame by at least half a dozen clips, so just shove your hand underneath the deck and patiently try to pop them out. With a bit of careful effort, the deck can be removed. Be sure to unhook the rear brake light wire on the left side of the car, otherwise you might damage the cable.

The rest is fairly straightforward; simply unscrew the stock speakers, and they'll come right out. By the time I got around to that, it was already 10:00pm :lol: (I had to do some stuff in between, so I did not start until 9:30 after I got the rear deck out before dinner.)

I attached the included brackets on my Polk Audio db651s speakers that I used to have installed in my Civic, but has since returned to stock when I sold it. I laid back into the trunk, and used a Sharpie to mark down all the places I need to drill holes in. So there I was, 10:00-11:00pm at night, drilling holes in my 1 month old car :yes: After all the holes were drilled, it's just a matter of screwing down the speakers from the other side. Excuse the crappy photo, it was past 11:00pm at night.

HypfBWA.jpg

Polk db651s installed. In the middle is my stock subwoofer, which I did not touch. It was a MASSIVE improvement in sound quality from the back. The stock speakers were so bad, I can pretty much rub paper against a wall and make better sound. Now I have a REAL Premium audio system with Polk speakers all around. It's a shame Honda sells a fully loaded out car, and install such crappy audio.

That looks pretty Awesome. Yeah the stock Speakers are ****. They call it the Premium audio system with 7 speaker and Subwoofer which is still ****. Chc you want to do my Audio install? Every forum I read people say to Cut the ANC mics... lol

Well, like I said, you can just disable the ANC module from behind the console. It just requires a small ratcheting head with 10mm sockets and some nylon pry bars. Pretty painless process :D

Well, like I said, you can just disable the ANC module from behind the console. It just requires a small ratcheting head with 10mm sockets and some nylon pry bars. Pretty painless process :D

If I ever do mine I'll just pay an Audio shop lol.