Sign in to follow this  
Rave

Rave finally decides to build a new PC.

Interesting. Try running them in SLI again with the latest drivers. If it fries your PSU, swap for another brand. I'm sure the HCP Platinum is a quality PSU though...

(Y) Still a fine build. Random question did you install the risers on your mobo correctly and nothing is shorted?

(Y) Still a fine build. Random question did you install the risers on your mobo correctly and nothing is shorted?

Interesting call. Give it a check (Y)

Sadly, not yet performance_1. I hope it pulls through soon.

I have sent a ticket to Antec to see if they can look into my problem. I found the time to check my mobo and I've observed one intricate trouble.

If you look at the image below after the republic of gamers text under the CPU socket, you'll see a circle cut out where a standoff/Phillips screw should go, I have a thread poking through (seems like it's to assist the placement of the mobo but correct me if I'm wrong.)

194995.jpg

Edited by Rave

Welp, it's alive!

OaOQTNm.jpg

Sadly, after contacting Antec and submitting a ticket of my issues the PSU still failed. Seeing this was my third one to die, I honestly didn't want deal with this issue any longer. I have swapped for an HX1000i from Corsair! On the other hand, Antec's support team was extremely quick in contacting me over the net and when things weren't progressing they had called my provided phone number to attempt to solve my problem.

(Y) So it was the PSU - well I think it might be some issues with the product. Any new pics?

Edited by TL6MT

Still admiring the mobo armor on the VII formula :thumbsup:

I won't have any pictures soon but I do have 5 Noctuas F12PPC Industrial 2000PWM and a Swiftech cpu block if that hints what may be coming soon :P

I wish it could have worked with the Antec, I've got all sorts of colors in my tower now since the Corsair themed their HXi series blue. Thinking of a DIY in changing the green Geforce led back-light to red to match the mobo.

Modifying your LED color seems like a bad idea :P I mean, obviously you can do it, but I wouldn't if you have had no experience in soldering electronic components.

I believe Nvidia uses a white led with a translucent 'Geforce GTX' logo that is painted green and simply requires sanding!

No problem with Christmas but as a computer theme, I can't seem to wrap my head around it haha.

Wow, three bum PSU's in a row, what did you do to upset the electronics gods that bad? :P Glad to see that you did finally get that beast up and running and those benchmark scores... quite... impressive! (Y)

Congrats dude!!

I believe Nvidia uses a white led with a translucent 'Geforce GTX' logo that is painted green and simply requires sanding!

No problem with Christmas but as a computer theme, I can't seem to wrap my head around it haha.

:| Sanding?

@TL6MT, just a few more :P

@Big Bang, yep! The GeForce GTX green paint is easily sanded off if you remove it from the GPU unit.

You plan to buy MORE Noctua fans? One could say, you're totally a... fan. :P

:lol: lol chc, that's a terrible pun.

Ouch, that's got to hurt.

On an aside, what's the RMA process with EVGA like? Curious as one of my friend's has some what of a faulty card himself (albeit an older card)