Sign in to follow this  
performance_1

Windows 10

I'll probably upgrade, been playing around with the latest TP. It's not too bad, even for a beta and hopefully be even better by RTM.

I'll probably upgrade, been playing around with the latest TP. It's not too bad, even for a beta and hopefully be even better by RTM.

RTM will definitely be Better. It's bread+butter for MS.

Free upgrade for licensed users too :)

looking at what we have right now I think ms is on the right track

I really like what Win10 is bringing. Idk about you, but I like W8.1, despite everyone going crazy over the UI. It seems fine for me and my uses...

I really like what Win10 is bringing. Idk about you, but I like W8.1, despite everyone going crazy over the UI. It seems fine for me and my uses...

It took a while to get used to - after some time it's not bad. You get used to the commands and stuff.

The charms bar? To be honest, Windows is probably the most confusing to use out of the box. The UI elements are not completely clear. After a while, it's quite straightforward though. I'd like to see what Windows 10 brings. I haven't tried out any versions yet.

Yep, the reservation thing? It was actually pushed via a Windows update. You can uninstall it if you want :P

Anyone else see the windows 10 on their start bar?

NN18qNB.jpg

Looks like they're really Pushing it. Just did my Reservation and got the Confirmation email today.

Anyone else see the windows 10 on their start bar?

NN18qNB.jpg

MS should really make it go away once you've made reservation... this **** is annoying.

+1

http://www.myce.com/news/how-to-uninstall-kb3035583-the-windows-10-downloader-for-windows-7-and-8-1-75681/

Seems to do more than just Pre Order. It shows different Stages of Availability.

Didn't know that - I didn't uninstall it because I feel like Windows Update will keep pushing it anyway.

Didn't know that - I didn't uninstall it because I feel like Windows Update will keep pushing it anyway.

You can just exclude the update. Either way, hiding it won't hurt :P

Not yet, I'm gonna wait a bit and see how it goes for other people. I did grab the Media Creation Tool and save the ISO though.

I'd like to do a clean install (never had much luck with upgrades) but I'm unsure if that'll work and I don't feel like installing AND configuring all my software right now.

Edited by CrashGordon