Sign in to follow this  
CrashGordon

Anyone Here Playing World of Tanks?

Just curious if anyone here is playing World of Tanks? If so, maybe we can platoon sometime. Been playing off/on for about a year now. I'm not great by any means, but I can be quite deadly in my German StuG III Tank Destroyer. One of my favorite tanks in the game so far.

cL6AjFE.jpg

it4QdjN.jpg

If anybody is interested in playing and having some fun, my username is in the screenshot. Skype voice chat is preferred, but the in-game push-to-talk will work too.

Edited by CrashGordon

Yes, it's free to play although progress is slower than if you throw a little cash at it (like most F2P games). Just have to play more and grind it out. :P

They do have missions/goals that you can earn equipment/goodies (usually on the weekends or WW2 historic dates).

It's pretty fun and different than the standard FPS, especially if you like games based on WW2. You do spend a lot of time switching back and forth between external and sniper view.

Edited by CrashGordon

:lol: Looks interesting - will check it out when I have time. Got to put the office PC graphics card to work.

Wish I had a work PC that could play it, although it's probably a good thing that it can't. :lol:

I recently swapped out my old 8800 GTS with a GTX 960 2Gb, man what difference.

Haha just like all F2Ps. I think it's a reasonable business model.

I got a work PC that can play games too lol.

I've only thrown about 30 bucks at it. 10 bucks a pop for about 14 days of premium account each time (50% more credits & XP per battle). Still gotta do the work though.

My work pc can just run the FedEx shipping software (and youtube), but that's all it's supposed to do. :P

Wish I had a work PC that could play it, although it's probably a good thing that it can't. :lol:

I recently swapped out my old 8800 GTS with a GTX 960 2Gb, man what difference.

Sometimes you just got to beat IT into buying nice PCs for work. A good graphics card is important to... uhh..... drive all the monitors for productivity reasons.

Got excited for a second until I realized the title didn't say "World of Warcraft" :lol:

I heard good things about World of Tanks, but haven't played it myself. More of a FPS guy.

^haha

I don't do WoW, it's just not my thing. It's kinda like a FPS (in Sniper View) but also 3rd person view for other parts of it (you can switch views at anytime), just in a tank. It's different.

I don't at the moment, I'll try to get some tonight (if I remember to hit the PrtScrn button) :lol:

There's a few videos on the WoT page. It only uses the external view though.

Ok got a few screenshots, it was too hard to get any with enemies in sight, (too busy trying to kill and not get killed), but here's a few from my M10 Wolverine in sniper view:

kbhI6LTl.jpg

aisVY8Ol.jpg

3pUtC70l.jpg

In the last one, you see the green outline of the tank, that's a friendly don't shoot them, only the red ones (the tomato's as they're called) Although just because you see the whole outline, don't mean the whole tank is exposed, sometimes it's just the very front of the track or very top of the turret.

Edited by CrashGordon

Hmm interesting. My manager back from my retail days used to play it, but I never got into it.

Curious, how's the community around WoT?

I don't hang out in the forums. The in-game messages can be annoying with all the whiners, but it's easy enough just to ignore it.

Just like every Game forum.

Nice screenshots. Lol, APH forums is better anyway ;)

Yes they are, especially with the regulars here.

Just like every Game forum.

Yep. Most of it is the in-game chat. I guess everyone thinks they should win everytime. They're missing the whole point of a game and that is to have fun.

Edited by CrashGordon