Sign in to follow this  
chconline

Awesome eBay win by $0.01

Apparently, this fake radar detector causes so much interference and false alerts on other radar detectors, it'll be great for testing if the brakes work on those guys speeding in a lifted diesel truck tailgating people on the highway and driving like an idiot but think they're above the law because they have a Cobra radar detector on the dash. :lol:

BA10QGb.png

Won by a cent, if Canada Post doesn't go on strike, hopefully it'll be here before the next road trip :lol:

Lol did they outbid themselves?

Who outbid who?

Also nice win - do some tests.

Who outbid who?

Also nice win - do some tests.

Well on the picture there are two simultaneous bids of l***a, but it's probably eBay only filtering between the last contended bidder and the chc.

Nah, eBay works by automatically bidding up to the highest price you set. For example, if I set my maximum bid to $7.00, and the starting price is $0.99, it'll only show 1 bid at $0.99. If someone bids $2, then it'll show me at $2.xx (There's some minimum gap that I don't remember), and if the person bids $5, then it'll show me at $5.xx. That's why there are repeat bids. You don't know what their maximum bid is. However, in this case, I correctly guessed his max bid and beat him by 1 cent. Correctly guessing and beating by 1 cent before knowing their maximum bid is the only time you can beat people by a cent in an auction. This is why you should always bid ending with 1 cent, like $5.01, $5.51, etc. It's a classic strategy :)

Nah, eBay works by automatically bidding up to the highest price you set. For example, if I set my maximum bid to $7.00, and the starting price is $0.99, it'll only show 1 bid at $0.99. If someone bids $2, then it'll show me at $2.xx (There's some minimum gap that I don't remember), and if the person bids $5, then it'll show me at $5.xx. That's why there are repeat bids. You don't know what their maximum bid is. However, in this case, I correctly guessed his max bid and beat him by 1 cent. Correctly guessing and beating by 1 cent before knowing their maximum bid is the only time you can beat people by a cent in an auction. This is why you should always bid ending with 1 cent, like $5.01, $5.51, etc. It's a classic strategy :)

Some next level strats right here.

:P I'm actually more Curious if it actually detects Radar.

Haha... maybe if it's right beside the gun.

:P I'm actually more Curious if it actually detects Radar.

You know your detector is **** when its better at sending signals than detecting...

if Canada post doesn't end up going on strike lol

Not for another month. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of this week.

Well, it finally came in after a month.

oUdvsmJ.jpg

OUekpf2.jpg

However, it seems to not do what I want it to do. It doesn't cause other detectors to false on Ka band :(

RTbbL5B.jpg

Looks like they improved it lol. Also it actually detects K band (but thinks it's Ka band). Haven't tried it on any other sources.