Sign in to follow this  
shift

2016 Accord Sport CVT

Pretty good! Fuel consumption much better than I got on my dad's 2002 I was driving before.

Also got my dash cam installed (BlackVue 650GW-1CH) which is pretty much mandatory when you're driving around in Vancouver.

Edited by shift

Yep, same color as mine. Also, great choice on the dashcam. Where did you buy it, and how much did you spend?

Blackboxmycar.com - Got it for I think around $405 after tax which included the free hardwire kit for connecting the camera to your car's fuse - a 32GB SD card and 1 day shipping.

The same camera @ BestBuy cost around $350 so I didn't get too bad of a deal out of it.

The guy who owns that store is from Vancouver and is very knowledgable about dash cam tech and provides some great support as well.

Nice Car and nice Equipment. How do you like the Drive?

Significantly better compared to my 2002 accord. Car tech has advanced so much in 12 years :|

Otherwise I can't say how good the CVT is compared to the Automatic transmission in years past. I appreciate the improved gas mileage though haha.

Yeah the price is pretty decent. Did you install it yourself?

Yup self install. The car had the Honda sensing camera located on the right half of the dot matrix on the windshield so I had to put it a little bit lower - then fished the wire up the headliner and pulled out the rubber weather guard to hide the cabling in the A pillar.

Zip tied the rest by the fuse by the gas pedals and it's looking pretty clean. :D

(Y) That's a great color.

Thanks! The choices were black, one of the white looking colors and modern steel metallic, seeing as how we get approx 9 months of rain starting about a month from now I chose the color that looks the cleanest when it inevitably starts raining here.

Modern Steel Metallic is pretty hard to repair though. I had to buy aftermarket touch up paint to get a color match. The OEM pen wasn't even close.

hows your gas mileage

95% city driving 9L/100km for my first tank average. I drive about 18km per day.

Modern Steel Metallic is pretty hard to repair though. I had to buy aftermarket touch up paint to get a color match. The OEM pen wasn't even close.

Damn that sucks. Luckily here we use mostly salt in the winter (when it decides to snow - it hasn't for the last 2 years) and no risk of rocks / sand scratching up the car aside from other drivers.

Edited by shift

Yeah, we don't have nearly as many freeways as you do in Calgary too.

My main drive into downtown Vancouver is literally all city driving (TONS of stop and go)

Was able to get ~675km on my first tank which included a trip to Whistler (trip average was 5.5L/100km each way) but my daily commute I'll average 9-10 depending on traffic (10.5 on the worst day this week).

Edited by shift

Haha true that.

The biggest annoyance I have with my car are rattle problems. Has been back to the dealer 3 times for the headliner and 2 times for seat/console area. Going back again tomorrow and I'll try to be as nice as I could to try to talk them into fixing it out of warranty (Mine expired on May 31 2016). Buying a first model year does have its downsides, lol.

Haha true that.

The biggest annoyance I have with my car are rattle problems. Has been back to the dealer 3 times for the headliner and 2 times for seat/console area. Going back again tomorrow and I'll try to be as nice as I could to try to talk them into fixing it out of warranty (Mine expired on May 31 2016). Buying a first model year does have its downsides, lol.

I don't seem to encounter that issue with mine, but I've been watching a few of this guy's videos and they might help if you're down for DIY fix if it's the same issue(s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5XjO8h4lp0

I think he drives a 9th gen coupe.

I'm pretty happy with getting the 9th gen 2016 - the mini facelift they did is very nice and the Canadian sport model comes with a load of features the american one doesnt have (Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, remote start, LED fog and DRL). I saw some videos of the 2018 model year in testing on Drive Accord forums and it's looking a lot like the 2016 Civic (don't really like the look from the rear)

Edited by shift

Lol chc gets unrealistically good Fuel economy. Look at chc's Profile on Fuelly.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/accord/2013

http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/accord/2013/chconline/209318

His Average is 34MPG and the average is 29, also the chc has a Manual and this includes all the CVTs.

The average for I4 Accord Sport (189HP vs 185 HP) is 28MPG (Approx 8.4L/100km) that's not bad because I'm going to assume there's a higher % of city driving in the states compared to where I live.

My tank average so far (~200km) is about 9.5L/100km so I'm doing alright for 95% city. :D Best I can do is not lead foot the car :(

Based on my limited experience from a trip to Calgary last summer they do quite a bit more highway driving than we do here too assuming you don't live out in Coquitlam / Port Moody.

It's the same engine. The only reason why the Sport has a higher rating is because of the freer flowing exhaust. If I put a Sport exhaust on my Touring I4, you'll get the same power with no change in fuel economy.

But yeah, Calgary is very efficiently designed, and I also time all my lights. I can drive all the way to school without making a single full stop along the way.

It's the same engine. The only reason why the Sport has a higher rating is because of the freer flowing exhaust. If I put a Sport exhaust on my Touring I4, you'll get the same power with no change in fuel economy.

But yeah, Calgary is very efficiently designed, and I also time all my lights. I can drive all the way to school without making a single full stop along the way.

Yeah Vancouver's probably gotten worse in the last couple of years with traffic. It takes me on average 20 minutes to get out of Richmond from Steveston when it used to take me 10-15 minutes before.

Lol chc gets unrealistically good Fuel economy. Look at chc's Profile on Fuelly.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/accord/2013

http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/accord/2013/chconline/209318

His Average is 34MPG and the average is 29, also the chc has a Manual and this includes all the CVTs.

That also includes the V6 models so it probably averages out.

Yeah Vancouver's probably gotten worse in the last couple of years with traffic. It takes me on average 20 minutes to get out of Richmond from Steveston when it used to take me 10-15 minutes before.

What, even with all the new Lambos people are buying? :P

That also includes the V6 models so it probably averages out.

True that.