Sign in to follow this  
chconline

50% of Ontario Grade 6 students cannot meet math standards

And with all the controversy surrounding their education system and massively incompetent government, it looks like their students are seriously underperforming. 50% of students cannot meet standards :|

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/eqao-math-results-1.3743666

Also here's a test with 9 actual questions from the provincial exam: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/sixth-grade-eqao-math-test-1.3743590

9/9 here.

Lol yeah I remember when they revamped the math system while I just finished the old one. I was tutoring a girl who was two years younger and i was sad at the diluting of the system. While I agree some topics should have been more heavily focused on, I found the newer system was just way too much of a "lite" version.

our education system is in the **** for the longest time with all the safe zones rather than teaching real math

PC is **** anyway - 9/9 on the quiz.

What changed? It was pretty straightforward as it was....

From what I remembered, they removed all the hard stuff XD. Stuff like conics and things where you had to memorize a lot of stuff. In theory to be honest, it's understandable considering a lot of people don't really need to know the equation of an ellipse... but on the other hand it just seems like a dumbed down version of what we did in grade 12.

Lol I also loved math theory so I hope you aren't calling it BS XD

From what I remembered, they removed all the hard stuff XD. Stuff like conics and things where you had to memorize a lot of stuff. In theory to be honest, it's understandable considering a lot of people don't really need to know the equation of an ellipse... but on the other hand it just seems like a dumbed down version of what we did in grade 12.

Lol I also loved math theory so I hope you aren't calling it BS XD

aren't those just formulas? not memorization

its been many years so pls correct me