chconline

Post your ISP/Plan/Speed/Price

Our internet was down last night.

the tec from ATT got it back up, we're too far from the office, so he dropped our speed to 768/384, unless we go with their newer U-verse, we cant get the 1500 speed..

I don't play games, so that speed is fine for now.

Much better, btw..

645658930.png

Edited by Mindovermaster

I like the customer rating of Telus @ 2.5 stars. :S

Hey I'm not complaining! 12Mb speeds with advertised 15Mb and unlimited bandwidth and VDSL coming in 2011 :P

They're all really low... people tend to complain more than praise. Not defending Telus or anything, but Shaw's isn't that high either. And I think Shaw service is brilliant in Alberta.

Did I not say big companies? Less complaints when you are smaller, big companies take the hit usually when they have troubles, people go online and complain. Funny how that works, I don't like your Internet, so I will go online using the said Internet to complain about it.

Shared lines that is why, the 1000Mbits are shared usually with over 100 people per line on non peak times so you can only assume what happens to the speed with non dedicated lines.

I'm pretty sure those are dedicated lines in HK. Wireless G slows everything down btw. :P

Nope they are shared lines for usually a whole building or such, I talked to people about this in HK. Dedicated lines have a different level of pricing, but then again this higher level would not be that much more than our premium plans. Because if the dedicated 1000MBit lines really were $200HKD, businesses would have a lot more money.

They used to have a WRT160N (I helped them set it up last year when I was in HK) but they gave it to someone and ended up using the router/modem combo they got from their ISP.

They used to have a WRT160N (I helped them set it up last year when I was in HK) but they gave it to someone and ended up using the router/modem combo they got from their ISP.

Lol, that is disappointing to go from wireless N back to wireless G. I bet the router/modem combo is worst than the WRT160N.

Lol, that is disappointing to go from wireless N back to wireless G. I bet the router/modem combo is worst than the WRT160N.

obvious.jpg

• Like 3

You would think so eh? :P

I guess my second part of the post should go along the lines of this instead "What exactly was the router/modem combo?". It isn't necessarily true though that the router/modem combo is worst than a WRT160N, the 160N is wireless N but does not exactly equate to a better modem. A higher end wireless G modem could be said to be "better" in some cases.