Sign in to follow this  
chconline

2018 Honda Accord

Finally saw one in real life the other day. Not a fan of the fastback look or the Touring rims. The interior is definitely first class though.

zWWb3VU.jpg

Kn3dHXr.jpg

2umImbT.jpg

Dat legroom tho...

The new Accord is really Nice - definitely class leading and it shows Honda cares about the Sedan.

Anyone know what the N on the Dashboard does? I keep seeing it and it doesn't look like Branding.

I sat in 1 at the dealer and it looks really good. Accords don't come cheap anymore unfortunately.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:05 AM, Big Bang said:

The new Accord is really Nice - definitely class leading and it shows Honda cares about the Sedan.

Anyone know what the N on the Dashboard does? I keep seeing it and it doesn't look like Branding.

It's an NFC tap to pair area.

Yeah the price is definitely really high nowadays. :S I paid $33K for my Accord back in 2013.

That was Village Honda. Had to do a battery terminal recall on my car.

Just got a 2.0T Sport for the weekend. A quick shout out to Honda West for lending me the car for the weekend. Hai and I have both purchased a car from them in the past. They cut some of the best deals in the city and their customer service is excellent. I've purchased cars from Village Honda, T&T Honda, and Okotoks Honda before and has also been in contact with Airdrie Honda. Of all the dealerships, the only one I would NOT recommend is Village Honda for sales (but they're amazing in the service department) and the rest are mainly preference. None could match Honda West in the deal I got for the Pilot though.

r6WU7Lc.jpg

CHBzspe.jpg

Ga6SUHg.jpg

I am very impressed by the car. I notice quite a few highlights/improvements over my 2013 Honda Accord. For one, the infotainment system is vastly upgraded and is much faster than mine (mine is just horribly slow from the beginning). Interior quality is great as well, but not necessarily a huge upgrade in terms of quality compared to the plastic used in my Accord. Not a big fan of the seat fabric either; it feels a bit too thin for my likings. Of course, the biggest thing is HondaSensing (which I have in my Pilot), but some updates include following distance. It shows it on the left side of the driver gauges inside the tach, which is actually an LCD screen.

The 10 speed automatic transmission is also very good. It's smooth; downshifts could be faster but this is a family car. The real highlight is the 2.0T engine. I was shocked by its performance when I first drove it -- didn't expect this kind of power delivery from a 2.0L 4 cylinder engine. The throttle response was incredible and in fact quite addicting at times. The fuel economy is also very good from the computer readout when I don't redline the car. Handing is solid around corners and a true sports sedan of its class.

Overall, I think it's an excellent car and a massive improvement over the 2013 in terms of technology. Of course, I don't have the V6 and a more fair comparison would be the 1.5T, which I have driven in both the Civic and the CR-V, but nonetheless if you are buying this, the 2.0T is a true performance gem.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Honda's new sedans. Too wacky. Glad to be back in my 2013 Accord :lol:

Sounds like the infotainment upgrades and powertrain are huge - good to see Honda back in the game.

I don't think they ever left the game for the Accord etc :P Acura, on the other hand, is a different discussion.