Sign in to follow this  
chconline

December 2017 Review Plans

Not a whole lot of stuff coming in. Just got to clear out stock. A new video review is definitely coming soon though!

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, aeroLai said:

Kanto YU6 finally arrived! 

Is APH becoming an audio review website?

Lol yep, that's why he posted about it. It's been in the works in the last few months.

Also, I just got an NZXT H700i.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, chconline said:

Lol yep, that's why he posted about it. It's been in the works in the last few months.

Also, I just got an NZXT H700i.

Haven't heard from NZXT for a long time!

Tons of new interesting products lol.

I'm trying to get my hands on some cases and an SSD right now. A PSU is also in the works. Will keep you guys posted!

WOOO I'm running low haha

Excited for CES as well. Seems like there will be some pretty cool products there.

On 28/12/2017 at 11:44 AM, performance_1 said:

what do you hope to expect?

I realized my original post made it look like I had insider information, but I actually don't. Let's just say I'm hoping to see improvement of some of the things we saw in 2017 and late 2016

For one -- RGB was a mess in 2017. Everything was RGBd, whether deserved or not. I still want to see some better integration like SteelSeries is doing more of (though I think it still is a bit lacking). I also want to see a unification of it. Every motherboard manufacturer has their own implementation and every case has their own too. Thankfully most cases have cross compatibility, but we still see things like RGB boxes (see the NZXT HUE+, the SilverStone LSB01) that are also standalone products... just please if manufacturers could make a single open source and work with each other on it, that would be great. Of course I think that's also dreaming haha.

Secondly -- tempered glass. We saw a lot of duplicate renditions of cases, including cases that were just added with TG. It's not a bad thing, but then we saw cases with tempered glass front panels... something that is a bit less nice. Choking front fan intake for the sake of aesthetics is something that just needs to be changed. It would be pretty weird to see slits on TG, but I would like to see this marriage between airflow and glass happen. I would also like to see different implementations like we see from Cooler Master (see their Cosmos C700P) or Phanteks (Enthoo Pro) with the swinging doors. In Win did some interesting things too, but overall everything else is a standard four thumbscrews. Even Fractal Design with their newest R6 made the tempered glass experience into a steel frame, which I think is the right way to do it. 

Otherwise it's mostly continual improvements and revisions for things. Hope to see more slim midtower cases like the Meshify C. 

Edited by aeroLai
Wrong word

We'll definitely get a lot of the review samples after their announcements at CES :)

Please no slits on tempered glass.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, chconline said:

We'll definitely get a lot of the review samples after their announcements at CES :)

Please no slits on tempered glass.

I think he meant slits on front tempered glass not side panels.

15 minutes ago, TL6MT said:

I think he meant slits on front tempered glass not side panels.

Lol, right okay. My bad.

21 hours ago, chconline said:

Lol, right okay. My bad.

Haha yeah TL is right. I still thinking seeing slits on TG would be weird, but there needs to be something. At a minimum, they should create more side ventilation at the front panel with proper filtering.