Sign in to follow this  
aeroLai

SilverStone SFX SX650-G 650W by Aaron Lai

How the **** did they contain 650W in that size? Price is a bit high but this is impressive.

SilverStone argues their PSUs are of higher quality and refuse to play the marketing of making a 10 year warranty on an inferior product.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, chconline said:

SilverStone argues their PSUs are of higher quality and refuse to play the marketing of making a 10 year warranty on an inferior product.

I have a hard time understanding this argument. Warranty seems to be a manufacturers confidence in their own product. If they are so confident they PSU is good quality why not make the warranty longer if they won't fail anyway?

That's a good question. Probably best if you ask SilverStone.

I guess it's similar to the case of Hyundai/Kia vs Honda warranty. You can get 10 year warranty on a Hyundai or Kia, but I'd much rather own a Honda, which has a short warranty but great reliability.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, TL6MT said:

I have a hard time understanding this argument. Warranty seems to be a manufacturers confidence in their own product. If they are so confident they PSU is good quality why not make the warranty longer if they won't fail anyway?

+1 good point

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, chconline said:

That's a good question. Probably best if you ask SilverStone.

I guess it's similar to the case of Hyundai/Kia vs Honda warranty. You can get 10 year warranty on a Hyundai or Kia, but I'd much rather own a Honda, which has a short warranty but great reliability.

Cars and Electronics are different. Bumper to Bumper on a car covers many components that could go Wrong depending on where/how the car is owned and the owner's Maintenance. A Power supply is not the same in Maintenance/Operating environment other than some Dust.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:09 AM, Big Bang said:

Cars and Electronics are different. Bumper to Bumper on a car covers many components that could go Wrong depending on where/how the car is owned and the owner's Maintenance. A Power supply is not the same in Maintenance/Operating environment other than some Dust.

100% agreed.