Sign in to follow this  
chconline

Just got a iPhone 6S 64GB with a cracked screen

I noticed my friend recently upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus. Knowing she had an iPhone 6S with a cracked screen, I decided to give it a shot and asked her to sell it to me. I offered her $100. Initially she declined, but a few days later she said she would sell it to me for my offer price :lol:

I paid her today and I got the phone. The front was pretty destroyed, but the rest of the phone was not in bad shape. I also found out this was a factory unlocked handset with 64GB of storage :o

AkAEvW7.jpg

oFaYt8u.jpg

I wanted to take it apart to see what's inside. Later on, I went on Amazon and found out you can buy entire replacement screens. So I ordered the following: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0757LMW85/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item

For $53, I'm interested to see how this works out. If I can get this fixed, I pretty much just got a used iPhone 6S 64GB for $153 :lol:

It came in!

EF6Jwwg.jpg

Here's the iPhone and the box.

P70m7vc.jpg

The package includes pretty much everything you need.

rFtpgrT.jpg

Time to take it out and transfer the components over.

gxdxkbd.jpg

Project is done. Didn't take too long -- maybe around half an hour. Didn't fry anything :D

Nice chc! Looks like you scored a big one for a cheap iPhone 6S - how is the screen quality?

Sure did! The Corepair screen is pretty good. The metal block inside that the earpiece wraps around is not the same size as OEM, so I had to cut the strip. The bottom also has a slight gap, so it doesn't sit completely flush with the metal shell. As far as screen quality, I placed it beside a real iPhone 6S screen, and the OEM screen has slightly better contrast and colors. I doubt you can tell the difference if you don't place it side by side though.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:25 PM, aeroLai said:

That contrast between the new glass and the old one though... 

Just some cracks and a hole :lol:

On 2/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, Big Bang said:

Very nice Repair! Looks just like OEM from the Photos.

Thanks!