Sign in to follow this  
chconline

Fixing a 9th gen Honda Accord quiet external keyless smart entry beep speaker

Recently, I realized my Accord's beeping noise when I use my proximity key/smart entry/keyless entry or whatever is not very audible. Wondering what's going on, I searched around and found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOYi2xaa20

That video is for the Accord Coupe, but it's the same for a sedan. I'm not entirely sure how he got it out so easily though. I'm guessing he probably took it off before, and then re-filmed it afterwards. It's held on by tabs on both sides, and it clicks down with a notch. To get it out, you got to push it straight up fairly firmly so it un-notches.

After it comes out, you can unclip it from the power supply and clean it out. If the hole in the middle is clogged, you're going to get less sound. Mud or small creatures can start living it in lol. I washed it and cleaned it out with Q-tips and we're all good to go :lol:

One trick: If you don't want to remove it, you can probably reach around inside with compressed air if you jack your car up high enough.

DIf0Z8D.jpg

:no: I read about this problem before, apparently in warmer places bugs grow in it.

Yeah I heard about that too. It's kind of strange. It's pretty well hidden and I don't see any design problems with the way it is.