Sign in to follow this  
Ten Km Under

GAMDIAS Hermes P2 RGB by Seth Claussen

Gamdias is into optical switches now? Have you tried it against Tesoro or real Cherry MX?

On 2/20/2018 at 5:59 PM, TL6MT said:

Gamdias is into optical switches now? Have you tried it against Tesoro or real Cherry MX?

So I have not had the opportunity to try them against the Tesoro or the real Cherry MX as of now. I can say however that they keys were very accurate and had zero rollover problems. I found them to be very accurate. 

Accuracy should be the same regardless. He might be asking the keyswitch response. Ben complained about the inconsistency of some TTC switches Gamdias used in the past compared to OEM Cherry MX.

16 hours ago, chconline said:

Accuracy should be the same regardless. He might be asking the keyswitch response. Ben complained about the inconsistency of some TTC switches Gamdias used in the past compared to OEM Cherry MX.

Oh okay, in that case then ill try to give a brief thought bubble. I personally did not see any true response problems, however I don't particularly enjoy the optical switches as a whole. But as an optical switch I didn't mind them. I don't want to let my personal bias get in the way of objectively functional switches

On 2/26/2018 at 12:07 PM, Ten Km Under said:

Oh okay, in that case then ill try to give a brief thought bubble. I personally did not see any true response problems, however I don't particularly enjoy the optical switches as a whole. But as an optical switch I didn't mind them. I don't want to let my personal bias get in the way of objectively functional switches

The fact that it's optical shouldn't significantly affect the response feel. It's mainly an actuation sensor. Aaron can chime in on this.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, Ten Km Under said:

I can say however that they keys were very accurate and had zero rollover problems. I found them to be very accurate. 

I doubt any keyboard is, that's the characteristic of all mechanical keyboards.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, Big Bang said:

Nice shots! Are those Screencaps from the Video as well?

No these pics are taken separately. I just like the looks of the keyboard but the stills couldn't accurately reflect it from the footage

6 hours ago, performance_1 said:

yeah i'm asking about keyswitch response

Overall key switch response was fine. No delay far as I am concerned. I try to be as non-biased as possible when doing reviews and didn't find any problems with the switches. And not to mention that you can exchange the switches allows for replacing or changing if you do notice bad response times

On 3/3/2018 at 7:08 PM, TL6MT said:

I doubt any keyboard is, that's the characteristic of all mechanical keyboards.

Yes - NKRO should be Standard for stuff of this Price.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, chconline said:

Switches are user-swappable?

Yes they are. However I did not have an opportunity to test this feature as A) They did not give any keys to actually switch with as with something like the Tesoro SE Spectrum. And B: I did not go and buy any. So yes it is a thing you can do.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, Ten Km Under said:

if you do notice bad response times

Is this a warranty thing?

18 hours ago, TL6MT said:

Is this a warranty thing?

So as far as I am aware it is not part of the warranty. I do not have the physical warranty nor can I find one online. But from what I meant the keys can be switched out on its own if you wanted different keys. Every person has a preference in switches. 

I don't think that's a valid point of interest. No one really buys keyswitches to switch out, even if they could, versus buying a whole different keyboard.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:05 PM, Ten Km Under said:

So as far as I am aware it is not part of the warranty. I do not have the physical warranty nor can I find one online. But from what I meant the keys can be switched out on its own if you wanted different keys. Every person has a preference in switches. 

I agree with the above point. You totally could switch out all they keys.... but why would you? I have never seen switches for sale and a new keyboard would most likely be faster, cheaper and less work. You totally have that ability... but again.... its not really the best plan in my opinion

On 14/03/2018 at 1:37 PM, chconline said:

I don't think that's a valid point of interest. No one really buys keyswitches to switch out, even if they could, versus buying a whole different keyboard.

Actually, this is not completely true. A lot of keyboard enthusiasts (much more enthusiast than any of us are) buy keyswitches for this purpose. If you check out Massdrop's keyboard community, you can often find just switches for sale. Of course, the chances other switches work with this keyboard is very YMMV. I think switchable switches are still potentially useful because some people (again more enthusiast ones) often swap out their space bar or ESC keys to something heavier to avoid accidental presses. 

Fair enough. I was just pointing at the statement that "exchange the switches allows for replacing or changing if you do notice bad response times" isn't the main point of the keyboard :P

21 hours ago, aeroLai said:

Actually, this is not completely true. A lot of keyboard enthusiasts (much more enthusiast than any of us are) buy keyswitches for this purpose. If you check out Massdrop's keyboard community, you can often find just switches for sale. Of course, the chances other switches work with this keyboard is very YMMV. I think switchable switches are still potentially useful because some people (again more enthusiast ones) often swap out their space bar or ESC keys to something heavier to avoid accidental presses. 

This is a fair point. And one that I toyed with myself if I knew more/bought some. However I think that doing an entire keyboard is redundant and expensive but doing a couple is reasonable.