Sign in to follow this  
aeroLai

Fractal Design Meshify C Mini by Aaron Lai

Haha I know this thread seems pretty meaningless, but due to NDA, I can't reveal too much. Will update you readers once the embargo lifts!

Fractal is making every case of every size lol.

1 hour ago, performance_1 said:

how so? it looks pretty different to me

Of course, there's going to be some variances between companies and how they design it, especially exterior looks/design, but here's where I see the similarities:

1. Window side looks similar, ie. uses the same thumbscrews essentially (same design). The Pro M also has a glass window version, so this is pretty much the same as the Meshify C Mini.
  2. Interior: bottom ~25% is covered. Only difference is Phanteks has an opening to display the PSU.
  3. Interior layout: near the front, there's no bays for HDDs or optical drives. Only visible difference I can see is the Phanteks supports optical drive at the top (unless I've missed it in the Meshify).
  4. Interior MB tray (& back side) & front: looks like there's about the same amount of clearance for cable management and similar (if not, same) design. One difference is the Meshify C supports mATX, and ITX, whereas the Pro M supports up to some dimensional variants of eATX boards.
  5. Looks like from Aaron's 2nd last photo of the completed and powered up shot, the power button's edge illuminates, which is the same as what the Pro M power button does.

Just some subtle differences, but I also see them as similarities :P

Lol I see :P I would personally say those are standard case designs in many new products nowadays.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, medevacvii said:

Of course, there's going to be some variances between companies and how they design it, especially exterior looks/design, but here's where I see the similarities:

1. Window side looks similar, ie. uses the same thumbscrews essentially (same design). The Pro M also has a glass window version, so this is pretty much the same as the Meshify C Mini.
  2. Interior: bottom ~25% is covered. Only difference is Phanteks has an opening to display the PSU.
  3. Interior layout: near the front, there's no bays for HDDs or optical drives. Only visible difference I can see is the Phanteks supports optical drive at the top (unless I've missed it in the Meshify).
  4. Interior MB tray (& back side) & front: looks like there's about the same amount of clearance for cable management and similar (if not, same) design. One difference is the Meshify C supports mATX, and ITX, whereas the Pro M supports up to some dimensional variants of eATX boards.
  5. Looks like from Aaron's 2nd last photo of the completed and powered up shot, the power button's edge illuminates, which is the same as what the Pro M power button does.

Just some subtle differences, but I also see them as similarities :P

I think this is Standard design for all new Dual Chamber/no Optical drive Chassis.