Sign in to follow this  
Banana

New Phone - OnePlus 6

wG8FCrK.jpg

3512rAA.jpg

2eDS7iK.jpg

EI3W4es.jpg

UO5BAFK.jpg

So, as you can see my old OnePlus One had a bit of a fall and took some bad damage, which meant it was time for an upgrade. I have had the OnePlus One for three years and I have been thinking about buying a new phone for a while. The OnePlus One has been a great phone for those three years and has been dropped many times, but the recent drop put it out of commission. The screen is badly cracked as you can see, but it also broke the touchscreen. Most of the upper part of the screen's pixels are also dead, and there are terrible lines that trace its entirety. With the release of the OnePlus 6 recently, I decided to stick with OnePlus as it has treated me really well so far. I have no complaints so far, and I thought it would be cool to have a side by side comparison of how much the design of the OnePlus phones have changed over the past four years. Below, are a couple of pictures taken in portrait mode, which adds a depth effect, blurring the background.

PdvPsmn.jpg

yrkxrYD.jpg

sgk7azM.jpg

The next few pictures are just using the camera's auto mode, with none of the settings adjusted.

xGvFvbb.jpg

d52iWzm.jpg

2kUguMA.jpg

I have been pretty impressed by the phone on all accounts, but I got a good case on it to protect it, which also means I won't be using the fingerprint magnet glass back. I'll upload a couple more photos once I have been able to snap some better pictures.

Really nice phone. Too bad the price went up quite a bit too. My dad's interested in buying one though!

Yeah, the price is a bit higher, but after three years with a $500 phone, I am quite happy with the upgrade. I also have a headphone jack, which I use all the time, and so many flagship phones do not have it anymore.  When it comes to the camera, I watched this video and was surprised at the final results of the top cameras in smartphones right now. 

Tis a shame your One had a great fall. Nice shots on your OP 6 though :) 

On 6/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, Banana said:

Yeah, the price is a bit higher, but after three years with a $500 phone, I am quite happy with the upgrade. I also have a headphone jack, which I use all the time, and so many flagship phones do not have it anymore.  When it comes to the camera, I watched this video and was surprised at the final results of the top cameras in smartphones right now. 

Gave a quick scroll through it. Interesting how each phone renders the images.

Very nice phone - price is getting close to other mainstream brands but the performance looks solid.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, chconline said:

They also sold 1M already 😮

Not Surprised - solid company and great Forums on there that listens to people