Sign in to follow this  
aeroLai

Gigabyte UD PRO 256GB by Aaron Lai

The results seem average other than PCMark which is below average, any ideas why?

21 hours ago, TL6MT said:

The results seem average other than PCMark which is below average, any ideas why?

I'm assuming you're referring to the Vantage tests. Taking a look at the whitepapers from Futuremark/UL Benchmarks, Vantage heavily leans towards read speeds, but write performance does play a role. Vantage also uses 4K sizes, something that the UD PRO struggled heavily in, especially in 4K write (at least what we saw in Crystal Disk Mark). 

Overall, I don't have a great reason for why there is such a disparity. 

Yeah typically linear read/write is really easy for PCMark Vantage. Not a bad first entry though.

Nice to see Gigabyte stepping into new Products, but yes it doesnt seem to me why one would Buy this over Crucial or Samsung.

well it is an entry

gigabyte doesn't manufacture or design any of the chips so its a generic ssd with gigabytes logo

if they make the warranty longer it might help too

Warranty makes quite a big difference in my books. I really liked the Toshiba-OCZ SSDs for their warranty.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, aeroLai said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the Vantage tests. Taking a look at the whitepapers from Futuremark/UL Benchmarks, Vantage heavily leans towards read speeds, but write performance does play a role. Vantage also uses 4K sizes, something that the UD PRO struggled heavily in, especially in 4K write (at least what we saw in Crystal Disk Mark). 

Overall, I don't have a great reason for why there is such a disparity. 

Yes that's what I'm referring to. Didn't know PCMark Vantage had write though.