Sign in to follow this  
Banana

Fossil Q Grant Hybrid Smartwatch

0UXGKYD.jpg

UeLErxW.jpg

ffbYnln.jpg

So I got the Fossil Q Grant Hybrid smartwatch, which I got on a recommendation from a friend. I was never sold on the whole smartwatch idea, especially because of the screen on your wrist. I love a classic analog look for a watch, so I could never part with it. After I heard about a hybrid smartwatch I was intrigued. Luckily, Fossil was having a sale and I was able to pick this watch up for about the same price as a normal watch that looks this good and is from Fossil. If you have any questions about this watch feel free to ask! It has been working perfectly for what I want a smartwatch to do.

That looks like a very nice Watch. I'm a big fan of Roman Numerals on watches - much classier. With the small screen in the middle how do you feel it for a Smartwatch?

15 hours ago, Big Bang said:

That looks like a very nice Watch. I'm a big fan of Roman Numerals on watches - much classier. With the small screen in the middle how do you feel it for a Smartwatch?

There is actually no screen on this watch. There is nothing aesthetically that would set this watch apart from a normal watch. How this watch communicates notifications is really cool. In the second picture, you can see both hands pointing at one number. When you get a notification the watch will vibrate and both hands will point at one number, which is preprogrammed by the app on your phone. That middle dial area indicates the percentage of steps you have taken in a day and is either indicating a notification or the date. 

Nice watch! That is a pretty unique way to communicate information from your smartphone to watch without an LCD screen.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Banana said:

There is actually no screen on this watch. There is nothing aesthetically that would set this watch apart from a normal watch. How this watch communicates notifications is really cool. In the second picture, you can see both hands pointing at one number. When you get a notification the watch will vibrate and both hands will point at one number, which is preprogrammed by the app on your phone. That middle dial area indicates the percentage of steps you have taken in a day and is either indicating a notification or the date. 

This is an interesting watch - price looks very good too. It seems like they got in with features without adding a screen which is one thing I don't like about smartwatches.

16 hours ago, TL6MT said:

This is an interesting watch - price looks very good too. It seems like they got in with features without adding a screen which is one thing I don't like about smartwatches.

Especially when you pick it up on sale. And I agree, the screen is the reason I never got a smartwatch before.

Looks like a great deal for a watch (Y) Personally I'm not a big fan of leather straps... they always seem to wear out for me.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Banana said:

Oh that makes Sense I got confused thinking the Middle is the screen.