Sign in to follow this  
TL6MT

New car time!

As you guys know a few years ago I bought an E63 S. I've been shopping in the market now and the TL-S while a great car is time go go, it's 11+ years old and almost 200K (miles) on the odo. I can trade in my E63 or give it to my wife but if I trade it in it's time to get 2 cars. What are you guy's thoughts? With the experience I had with Mercedes the service cost a little more but so far the car was mostly rock solid in reliability so no real complaints if you can afford it and the warranty is good.

Thinking about getting a new 2019 E63, but the E53 looks good too but lower performance. Could consider a Tesla P100D since charging stations are plenty here in SoCal. Choices - would love to hear from you all.

Just wondering, how was the reliability of the TL? Any major repairs?

The E53 has the new I6 with the 48V system, while the E63 S is quite insane in performance. If you want more utility you can look into the GLC63 S or the 2020 GLE, although you'll be waiting a while. The E63 is also available in wagon form if that's what that interests you.

Honestly, I'd keep your 2016 E63 and buy a Tesla Model S. You live in California and the weather is great for the battery, not to mention no snow to interfere with autonomous driving features (if you plan to order it that way).

If you get a Model S, you could still be TL (TesLa)

No idea what cars are better, but keep us updated with your experience and decisions :) 

Usually not that long unless I really like the car - I think I'll get a Model S, will talk to my wife about this. I'm sure she wouldn't mind getting 15mpg in my E63.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, TL6MT said:

Usually not that long unless I really like the car - I think I'll get a Model S, will talk to my wife about this. I'm sure she wouldn't mind getting 15mpg in my E63.

the acceleration is crazy if you get the top model

On 4/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, TL6MT said:

What did you end up Buying?