Sign in to follow this  
chconline

Michelin Primacy MXM4 TO Tesla Acoustic Tech

I've always bought new tires especially for my main car, but I was looking on Kijiji today and found a guy selling a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires for $385 CAD. But these are not just regular Primacy MXM4s. They are brand new take-offs from his Tesla Model 3, meaning these are the special TO Tesla Acoustic Tech version, which has dampening foam on the inside. Since they were new and I save almost $1000 compared to new, I couldn't pass up the deal. The only caveat is it's a 30km drive to the guy's house (He's in the SE and I'm in the NW), but I think it's well worth it!

iQZoFkV.jpg

Brought them home.

lck3lbq.jpg

Sure is brand new as he described. He said he drove 90km on his Tesla before he got new rims.

I488ctm.jpg

The acoustic foam on the inside.

They're over $300 at Kal Tire and Costco and those are not even the 98W TO version. Will get them installed soon on my Accord soon :D

That's really good Price but now I know what the TO on these Tires mean. I saw them sometime back and Google gave no Results.

Haha yeah I had to read the Tesla forums to find out more. It's a weird designation, but you can find it on Tire Rack. Even the guy who sold it to me was surprised about the foam.

Replaced the stock Goodyear Eagle LS2s. The LS2's had a lot of tire roar, so the Primacy MXM4's are definitely a lot quieter.

Got them mounted at Limitless Tires yesterday. Called them in the morning and I was in at 2:30pm in the afternoon. Really busy shop even at the end of May, which was surprising.

4Z6eSEC.jpg

I checked all 4 rims and they didn't scratch the rims at all, which I think they did a great job. You can see where the machine came down to dismount the tires though, but it's not a permanent nick.

They even shined the tires for me!

ZUJYSty.jpg

Drove home on the new tires. I don't think they're quieter than the regular Primacy MXM4's -- at least I cannot tell -- but I'm not complaining. I now have Tesla tires on my car haha.

It's pretty crazy how cheap you got it for. Michelin tires are great but someone did a test on it and the difference is negligible in noise for foam lined tires.

Edited by TL6MT

On 5/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, TL6MT said:

It's pretty crazy how cheap you got it for. Michelin tires are great but someone did a test on it and the difference is negligible in noise for foam lined tires.

Yep it's negligible. I also sold the old tires for $180. So $385 + 63 for mounting, -180 from the old tires, $268 to upgrade to brand new tires. A steal of a deal!

On 6/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, Big Bang said:

How did you get so much Money for the old tires?

On 6/1/2019 at 11:33 PM, chconline said:

Yep it's negligible. I also sold the old tires for $180. So $385 + 63 for mounting, -180 from the old tires, $268 to upgrade to brand new tires. A steal of a deal!

it says he got $180

Lol I think he said how did I get $180. The old tires had quite a bit of tread left -- 6/32" and 5/32" -- so $180 was a reasonable price.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:33 PM, chconline said:

😛The economics of Craigslist.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, chconline said:

Lol I think he said how did I get $180. The old tires had quite a bit of tread left -- 6/32" and 5/32" -- so $180 was a reasonable price.

sorry misread

On 6/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, TL6MT said:

😛The economics of Craigslist.

We use Kijiji here, but you're right :)

On 6/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, chconline said:

😑 Never knew people bought half Used tires.