Sign in to follow this  
TL6MT

Anyone got a Huawei phone?

What does everyone think? Anyone have their phones?

I thought this was quite inevitable considering a Chinese government linked firm depending on American hardware & software. IT banned their phones for a long time for security and for the price I couldn't see myself buying one as its not too far off from Samsung/Apple and more than Oneplus.

Yeah, I wouldn't own one either. The fact the Chinese government made a big deal out of the fact Meng Wanzhou got arrested for a "private" corporation seems a bit fishy to me. I don't doubt their hardware is good, and I have nothing to hide, but I'm happy with my iPhone X :P

Yeah the value proposition for Huawei phones, at least the ones that enter North American market, is more on their "Honor" phones, which is their sub-brand. 

It is funny that one of my friend's actually just picked up a P30 right before the ban was announced. I don't think I would change my phone until it breaks and even if it were to, Huawei/Honor was far down on my list.

If you care about Security you won't buy Huawei simple as that. Not a Tinfoil conspiracy theorist but why buy something thats Questionable when there are so many good Brands?

On 6/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, thund3rPunch said:

Yeah the value proposition for Huawei phones, at least the ones that enter North American market, is more on their "Honor" phones, which is their sub-brand. 

It is funny that one of my friend's actually just picked up a P30 right before the ban was announced. I don't think I would change my phone until it breaks and even if it were to, Huawei/Honor was far down on my list.

isnt it called huawei here?

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/huawei-p30-pro

20 hours ago, performance_1 said:

Both exist. Huawei is their "flagship" brand, while Honor is their sub-brand.

What I meant to say is that Honor is their "value" brand, since these phones are more mid-range in pricing and performance.

Edited by thund3rPunch

On 6/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, thund3rPunch said:

100% agreed the price is not that great either.

I think Honor is only available through limited channels. Huawei is their flagship brand and has always been sold as such.