Sign in to follow this  
thund3rPunch

SpaceH 2.0

It's been a while since I upgraded my main rig, and I felt like with AMD announcing Ryzen 3000, it was finally time. Here are some pictures to get started with, but some of these images will also be revealed with the upcoming H510 Elite review, which is the case I chose to build in.

HDMpkka.jpg

Decided to go with the Ryzen 7 3700x and an ASUS X470 Prime Pro. I know it seems like an odd combination but I had several reasons for this. The CPU is probably less of the odd choice as I personally saw it as a massive upgrade to a quad-core Intel i5 4670K. With double the cores and four times the threads, I did not seem to care as much for the Ryzen 5 series. Furthermore, I wanted something with a bit more power for game streaming, which is something I have been more interested in.

The motherboard choice was a bit more difficult. Right before I went to Memory Express (local retailer with decent customer service), I told myself I'd be getting the AORUS X570 Elite. However, I really was struggling with the fact I would be buying a motherboard with a tiny chipset fan. The fact I knew it would be the first thing to go, coupled with how loud these tiny things can get, made me shake my head in disgust to it. I could have gone with the B450, especially since I do not have multiple GPUs, but the only B450 I was interested in only had a single M.2 slot. Paying a bit more for the white color to match the rest of my build seemed to make sense to me, especially as these were the only two components I purchased new.

0mEEgZI.jpg

Memory Express had to update the BIOS on this motherboard for me (they do it for free if you buy the motherboard and CPU from them!), which is why the 3700x is already mounted. The rest of my build may seem familiar to you readers, especially since they are mostly reused parts. In this shot I also have a WD Blue SN500 500GB mounted under the "M.2 Heatsink".

More updates to follow!

Edited by thund3rPunch

Wow very nice upgrade! Finally a Ryzen owner here at APH? Haven't seen an AMD build in literally years.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:03 AM, TL6MT said:

Wow very nice upgrade! Finally a Ryzen owner here at APH? Haven't seen an AMD build in literally years.

Agreed -- it has been a while. First AMD machine for myself too

Anyways with my review now being up, I'm sure you saw those images

016.jpg

But I wanted to play a bit more with lighting and things so...

62c7H4v.jpg

ztODkm5.jpg

etO4Mxw.jpg

Of course we need RGB too

vRLZtx1.jpg

UWbKWAH.jpg

You might be wondering why I even cared to upgrade. My friend recently got into VR and I was actually quite impressed. However, he actually built his computer at the same time as me, and he ran into some stuttering issues at times. So if I wanted to get into VR, I knew with this machine it would not be a sweat.

H93uRbX.jpg

Final specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ Stock
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U12A
Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1070Ti Titanium 8GB
Chassis: NZXT H510 Elite
Storage: WD Blue SN500 500GB, OCZ ARC 100 240GB, WD Blue HDD 1TB
Power: Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850W
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Thanks guys! Was a lot of fun to build, but man it also looks pretty good haha.

21 hours ago, Big Bang said:

How is the VR Experience?

The Rift S is actually pretty good. Been playing lots of Beat Saber, which is like Dance Dance Revolution except with [virtual] swords. Lots of fun, and I enjoy the experience. It was also probably one of the cheapest VRs that I could Twitch stream with, and also not require any additional room setups. There are a few more games I want to try, but I'll go slowly with that haha.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, thund3rPunch said:

Thanks guys! Was a lot of fun to build, but man it also looks pretty good haha.

The Rift S is actually pretty good. Been playing lots of Beat Saber, which is like Dance Dance Revolution except with [virtual] swords. Lots of fun, and I enjoy the experience. It was also probably one of the cheapest VRs that I could Twitch stream with, and also not require any additional room setups. There are a few more games I want to try, but I'll go slowly with that haha.

Yeah don't get too Addicted.