Page 8 - Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
Twenty-eight standard benchmark tests are available in six test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
From: Developer's Page
PassMark PerformanceTest is a relatively new benchmarking program to our battery of standard performance evaluation software collection here at APH Networks. It takes a somewhat different approach in obtaining results compared to other programs, which is why we like to use it, haha. From what we see above, all the scores are quite similar -- except under the Memory section. You may be wondering what is the deal with the that. No, it is not a typo -- because PassMark PerformanceTest actually takes into account memory capacity, our 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws set had a huge advantage over the compared 4GB kits on the board. It ended up having a 49.1% higher score than the next highest result.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: EVEREST CPU
4. Benchmark: EVEREST FPU
5. Benchmark: EVEREST Memory
6. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage
7. Benchmark: 3DMark06 Professional
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: SuperPI 1M, Cinebench R11.5
10. Overclocking Results and Conclusion