Page 8 - Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
About PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
Thirty-two standard benchmark tests are available in five test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
From: Developer's Page
We run PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0 to evaluate four different areas of our system; coming down to the CPU, RAM, 2D Graphics, and 3D Graphics. It takes a somewhat different approach in obtaining results compared to other programs, which is why we like to use it, haha. PassMark Performance Test 8.0's memory benchmarking tool is the only test in our setup that takes memory capacity into account, but thankfully we are testing only 16GB kits today. Generally speaking, doubling the RAM will increase the score by about one and a half times. Again, all the results were extremely close to each other, with the high bandwidth Silicon Power Xpower PC3-19200 2x8GB kit taking home the lead by a minuscule margin in the RAM test, and holding its own in the rest.
1. Introduction, Packaging, Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 CPU
4. Benchmark: AIDA64 FPU
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 Memory
6. Benchmark: PCMark 8
7. Benchmark: 3DMark
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
9. Benchmark: SuperPI 1M, Cinebench R15
10. Overclocking and Conclusion