G.SKILL Phoenix EVO 115GB Review (Page 6 of 9)
Page 6 - Benchmark: HDTach 18.104.22.168
About HDTach 22.214.171.124
HD Tach is a low level hardware benchmark for random access read/write storage devices such as hard drives, removable drives (ZIP/JAZZ), flash devices, and RAID arrays. HD Tach uses custom device drivers and other low level Windows interfaces to bypass as many layers of software as possible and get as close to the physical performance of the device possible.
From: Developer's Page
After giving the G.SKILL Phoenix EVO 115GB a clean format and ensuring alignment and everything is correct, I fired it up for some testing in HDTach. As it is to our expectations, the results came out to around 230MB/s -- absolutely identical to both the OCZ Vertex 2 160GB 25nm and OCZ Vertex 2 60GB 34nm SandForce based SSDs we have reviewed in the past. Actually, the average read speed turned out to be about a megabyte faster than its close cousins, but it would probably even out if the tests were run again anyway.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
6. Benchmark: HDTach 126.96.36.199
7. Benchmark: HDTune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage, Conclusion