Page 8 - Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
About PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0M
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
Twenty-eight standard benchmark tests are available in six test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
From: Developer's Page
PassMark PerformanceTest is an integral benchmarking program to our battery of standard performance evaluation software collection here at APH Networks. It takes a somewhat different approach in obtaining results compared to other programs, which is why we like to use it, haha. PassMark Performance Test 7.0's memory benchmarking tool is the only test in our setup that takes memory capacity into account. Generally speaking, doubling the RAM will increase the score by about one and a half times. All other compared memory kits are 8GB other than the Kingston HyperX Predator, which is a 16GB set. The fact that it is taking giant lead is definitely something we have been expecting for this benchmark. The HyperX Predator also won out in 3D Graphics, while the Patriot Intel Extreme Masters took the other two -- leaving the G.Skill TridentX with nothing. To be fair, it lost by only a hair, as you can see in our graphs above.
1. Introduction, Packaging, Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 CPU
4. Benchmark: AIDA64 FPU
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 Memory
6. Benchmark: PCMark 7
7. Benchmark: 3DMark 11
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: SuperPI 1M, Cinebench R11.5
10. Overclocking and Conclusion