Page 7 - Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
About HD Tune Pro 4.60
HD Tune is a hard disk utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and much more.
From: Developer's Page
Unfortunately, HD Tune does not generate any fancy independent graph outputs in particular, so I had to edit my screenshot out a bit to make it look better for publishing in a review. Again, like our HD Tach results on the previous page, the line was standard fare for a hard drive -- faster near the beginning, and slowly drops off as we move away from the center of the platter. It differed slightly in magnitude than the other program -- probably due to testing algorithms used -- but its performance characteristics were identical in practice. Other than that, the results were commendable across the range for a drive of this caliber; peaking at 188.9MB/s and holding a minimum of 79.9MB/s. Do keep in mind the discussion we had on the previous page, as it still applies here.
1. Introduction, Packaging, Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
5. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
6. Benchmark: HD Tach 188.8.131.52
7. Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark 7