Page 7 - Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
About HD Tune Pro 4.60
HD Tune is a hard disk utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and much more.
From: Developer's Page
Unfortunately, HD Tune does not generate any fancy independent graph outputs in particular, so I had to edit my screenshot out a bit to make it look better for publishing in a review. Its numbers differ slightly in magnitude than the other program -- probably due to testing algorithms used -- but its performance characteristics are identical in practice. Again, like our HD Tach results on the previous page, the Seagate came in first, followed by Hitachi's Deskstar NAS, and the Western Digital Red in third. As you can see in our screenshot above, the Western Digital Red WD40EFRX 4TB scored an average of 120.9MB/s with access time of 16.8ms, while Seagate's NAS HDD ST4000VN000 4TB posted a score of 139.3MB/s at 17.9ms in the same test. Again, the Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB's 132.2MB/s sequential read average was not the highest, but it did come in with the best random access delay of just 15.5ms.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
5. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
6. Benchmark: HD Tach 18.104.22.168
7. Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark 7
10. NAS Performance, Power Consumption