Page 8 - Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
Twenty-eight standard benchmark tests are available in six test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
From: Developer's Page
PassMark PerformanceTest is a relatively new benchmarking program to our battery of standard performance evaluation software collection here at APH Networks. It takes a somewhat different approach in obtaining results compared to other programs, which is why we like to use it, haha. From what we see above, all the scores are quite similar -- except under the Memory section. You may be wondering what is the deal with the that. No, it is not a typo -- because PassMark PerformanceTest actually takes into account memory capacity, the 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws set had a huge advantage over the compared 4GB kits like the Viper II Sector 5s on the board. Between the G.SKILL Pi series and Patriot Viper II Sector 5, the difference in score is quite negligible.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: EVEREST CPU
4. Benchmark: EVEREST FPU
5. Benchmark: EVEREST Memory
6. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage
7. Benchmark: 3DMark06 Professional
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: SuperPI 1M, Cinebench R11.5
10. Overclocking Results and Conclusion