Page 8 - Benchmark: 3DMark06
3DMark®06 is the worldwide standard in advanced 3D game performance benchmarking. A fundamental tool for every company in the PC industry as well as PC users and gamers, 3DMark06 uses advanced real-time 3D game workloads to measure PC performance using a suite of DirectX 9 3D graphics tests, CPU tests, and 3D feature tests. 3DMark06 tests include all new HDR/SM3.0 graphics tests, SM2.0 graphics tests, AI and physics driven single and multiple cores or processor CPU tests and a collection of comprehensive feature tests to reliably measure next generation gaming performance today. Futuremark's exclusive Online ResultBrowser web service tracks and compares 3DMark06 scores.
Key 3DMark06 Advanced and Professional Features
* DirectX® 9 3D game performance benchmark
* Includes separate graphics card and CPU tests
* Produces workloads that simulate next generation 3D gaming requirements
* Advanced 3D game engine supports HDR Rendering with SM3.0 Shaders, in addition to SM2.0 Shaders
* Includes two HDR/SM3.0 game tests and two SM2.0 game tests
* CPU performance testing via AI and physics workloads for both single core systems and multi-threaded, multi-core and multiple processor environments
* 3D graphics feature tests include Fill Rate, Pixel Shader, Vertex Shader, SM3.0 tests, and Batch Size tests
From: Developer's Page
Moving onto 3DMark06, it is not surprising that the higher classed Asus EAX1950PRO gave a very strong lead in the 3DMark06 Overall score. But a near 2,000 point lead? Not bad!
Once again, a very strong lead in the SM2.0 benchmark.
The Asus EAX1950PRO pulled out nearly twice the score achieved by the BFG 7600GT OC in the HDR/SM3.0 benchmark results.
1. Introduction, Specifications, Bundle
2. A Closer Look
3. Test System, Benchmark: Half Life 2: Lost Coast
4. Benchmark: FEAR
5. Benchmark: Prey
6. Benchmark: Quake 4
7. Benchmark: CS:S cs_militia
8. Benchmark: 3DMark06
9. Power Usage, Overclocking
10. Noise Factor and Conclusion